Fruit & calories!

Options
I've always believed that I should eat a lot of fruit to stay healthy but since being on my fitness pal I've noticed how many calories there are in fruit! I love bananas but I'm tempted to stop eating fruit because I'm worried about the calories and sugar in them. Is that a good idea because I feel like I'm being naughty skipping my fruit lol. What fruit is the best to eat or should I avoid them all?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Fruit is good. Eat it in moderation. Add leafy greens and other veggies to your days.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Yup, fruits have a calorie kick. They're nature's dessert, after all! ;) I would limit fruit consumption to about two servings a day (to avoid crowding other important foods from your diet by using up all your calories on fruit! ;)), but definitely don't stop eating it if you love it! :) Also... There really is nothing wrong with sugar. :)

All the best!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    eat all the healthy fruit and veggies you'd like. fill up on them, and then have your main course or whatever. i find that since adding more fruits and veggies to my diet, it has been easier to stay under my calorie goal without feeling hungry.
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It might look like a lot of calories in some but it's important to get the nutrition you need. Also not all fruits are high in calories. Compare a banana with an orange for example. And don't worry about the sugar, it's the good stuff :)
  • LynseyJx
    LynseyJx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am so clueless about a good diet, I need all the advice I can get. I used to eat loads but really enjoy exercise so I'd burn junk food off, but I've found now I'm getting older this plan doesn't work so well and I've put on heaps of weight in the last year. I've been trying to eat my five (or more) a day but I think i'll have to reduce that. I thought sugar was bad for you Susieq?? See I have no clue lol! I eat Spinach because my doctor diagnosed me with anaemia recently, so that's also why I'm trying to sort my diet out. Maybe I should try eating more veggies rather than fruit?
  • HealthyFit23
    HealthyFit23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mix fruit with protein. It was help stabilize your insulin spikes and makes you feel fuller longer.