No sugar diet

Options
Hi
I have been trying to cut out sugar (mainly added) now for about a month and have lost 1/2 stone. Still eating everything else, even fatty takeaways, so not feeling too hard done by. I am not having cakes, biscuits, cereals, am making own pasta sauces etc but do really miss a pudding after dinner :( is anyone else dieting by cutting out sugar?

Replies

• Junkie1981
    Junkie1981 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, that's really interesting, that is my downfall.....I love a pudding. Well done for the weight loss.:-)
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I tried it but it was too restrictive for me. It also gave me headaches in the beginning. They do have sugar free pudding that you may want to try. Good luck
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    a zero sugar diet is impossible.....If you mean zero added sugar then it's just silly. Sugar isn't a bad thing (pending medical issues)

I lose weight, I eat a pudding cup daily.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    do you have a medical condition that makes you sensate to sugar? Or are you just doing this because you read something about sugar being "bad"…?

if the later, then cutting out 100% sugar is totally unnecessary for weight loss.

You can eat sugar, maintain a deficit, and hit your macro/micro goals and still lose weight.

I just started cutting, and am down a pound over the past week and I average about 100 grams of sugar a day.
  • stelless
    stelless Posts: 5
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am on this kind of diet fully cut the sugar and carbs.Usually if I crave too much sweeties or cake I eat a grape or a mango I know it is not the same but picture of my future bikini body give me the motivation to resist.Lost 3kilos in a 10 days time.After u gain more muscle that body fat u metabolism will go high/fast and u can start introducing chocolate ,cake, pudding in moderate portion back to u life.
  • ahealthiercara
    ahealthiercara Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I cut added sugars from my diet too. I'm not the kind of person who can just have a little bit of sweets. Once I start, I lose my mind and overeat sweets like crazy. So for me its better to have none than some. I had terrible headaches for the first week but since then the cravings are mostly gone. I find that I can't do non-caloric sweeteners either, they seem to make me want sweets just as much as sugar does.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    stelless wrote: »
    I am on this kind of diet fully cut the sugar and carbs.Usually if I crave too much sweeties or cake I eat a grape or a mango I know it is not the same but picture of my future bikini body give me the motivation to resist.Lost 3kilos in a 10 days time.After u gain more muscle that body fat u metabolism will go high/fast and u can start introducing chocolate ,cake, pudding in moderate portion back to u life.

There is so much no and anitscience in this post.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    No, I just eat my sugar (and everything else) in moderation. I fit it into my calories/macro/micro goals, enjoy it, and don't feel guilt. I almost always have room for ice cream.

I've lost nearly 50 lbs and have kept it off for more than 2 years.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I am on this kind of diet fully cut the sugar and carbs.Usually if I crave too much sweeties or cake I eat a grape or a mango I know it is not the same but picture of my future bikini body give me the motivation to resist.

So you curb your sugar cravings with sugar?

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    No. It's unnecessary.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How grim
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Oh. My. Gawd.

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

• ndj1979
    Options

for the love of everything NO...

so you only eat meat and fats???
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I actually add extra sugar to my food and have lost 1 stone.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    adowe wrote: »

There is so much no and anitscience in this post.

welcome to MFP...

"pseudoscience welcome"
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I limit my sugar to 50g and try for 25g. Keeps my cravings at bay wonderfully. It sounds like its working for you :) The World Health Organization has lowered their recommendation to 25g a day for adults. I find if i really want something sweet then after dinner is best - then by the time it makes me want more Im in bed :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Chances are extremely high that that's unnecessary for you. I only say so because your post sounds so sad-- most people can metabolize sugar just fine.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    No, I eat a ton of fruit.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Sugar is not the enemy...even diabetics need some sugar (like the kind found in fruit) to remain healthy. The reason why it appears that cutting sugar out helps aid in weight loss is because it is actually cutting down on calories...you stop eating a bunch of cookies, cake, pop etc. As long as you are in a calorie deficit you should lose weight unless there is an underlying medical condition.