Struggling with eating exercise calories

Options
Hello, I've noticed I've been having trouble eating enough food. In general I'm supposed to meet 2029 a day, and I do have trouble reaching that sometimes. Then I also workout on top of that, and I'll have trouble catching up even more. I used to eat just twice a day, so I've really upped my eating so far. I'm just not sure if I can eat as much as it's telling me to.

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Eat foods high in fat and sugar. For example nuts or fruits. Nuts has tons of fat, therefore tons of calories for a relatively small portion. And same with fruits only cals comes from sugar. Or maybe go make some french fries or something, with some good unsaturated fat. Or drink fruit juices. You know what I mean? Small but calorie rich foods, doesn't necessary means they should be unhealthy... just with a lot of fat and/or sugar. And no, fat and sugar is not unhealthy for you, unless you have some kind of health condition. Anyways, that has helped for me. ^^
  • JennOnTheRocks
    Options
    Hello, I've noticed I've been having trouble eating enough food. In general I'm supposed to meet 2029 a day, and I do have trouble reaching that sometimes. Then I also workout on top of that, and I'll have trouble catching up even more. I used to eat just twice a day, so I've really upped my eating so far. I'm just not sure if I can eat as much as it's telling me to.

A great problem to have, huh? :) My first bit of advice for you ... try to eat five small meals a day. It is very important while on this journey to keep your metabolism moving. I eat three meals and two snacks a day. Make sure you don't skip that first meal of the day, really is vital. Eating five times does not mean you will eat too many calories, it just means you will be fueling your weight loss. Plus, too few calories can be just as bad for your journey. It will make your body hold on to the pounds because it feels starved. Here is an example of one of my days:

Breakfast
    Oatmeal w/ fresh berries
    Hard boiled egg
    Soy milk

Snack 1:
    Apple w/ natural peanut butter

Lunch:
    Whole wheat bread
    Sliced turkey breast
    Cheese
    Cucumber slices

Snack 2:
    Cottage cheese
    Tomato wedges

Dinner:
    Chicken breast
    Brown rice
    Steamed veggies

That averages me about 1500 calories a day. You have 2000 so you could add in more proteins (maybe like almonds at one of your snacks) or more lean protein and veggies at dinner.

Hope that helps
  • cerexflikex
    Options
    Thank you. I think it's just a whole new thing to get used to. Right now my diet is still getting a makeover, so I'm hoping I can do better. I am drinking juices now, it seems to help. :)

ETA: Today it says I ate 1963, exercise was 901 and my net was 1062. My remaining is 967, but I'm just too full now and it's already midnight so I completed the log.