2»

Replies

• MustLoveCats21
    Options
    Embrace the ADDICTION! :trollface:
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP 21 days ago, I had a box of salted caramel milk chocolate cookies in the cupboard. My first instinct was to toss them, but I looked them up instead. I decided how many I could have and still stay under my calories. Serving size was three. I opted for two. I tossed them in the freezer rather than the cupboard, and I had two every night until they were gone. Normally, I would have eaten the whole box in one sitting. The nightly dessert doesn't seem to be affecting my progress, and I look forward to my treat at the end of the day. Now I have moved on to Walker's Shortbread. Just one. And only when it keeps me under my calories and other totals. Part of the success is keeping them in the freezer. Somehow the fact that they are cold rather than room temp makes me more conscious of my agreement to not overindulge. So far so good.
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    When I first started MFP 21 days ago, I had a box of salted caramel milk chocolate cookies in the cupboard. My first instinct was to toss them, but I looked them up instead. I decided how many I could have and still stay under my calories. Serving size was three. I opted for two. I tossed them in the freezer rather than the cupboard, and I had two every night until they were gone. Normally, I would have eaten the whole box in one sitting. The nightly dessert doesn't seem to be affecting my progress, and I look forward to my treat at the end of the day. Now I have moved on to Walker's Shortbread. Just one. And only when it keeps me under my calories and other totals. Part of the success is keeping them in the freezer. Somehow the fact that they are cold rather than room temp makes me more conscious of my agreement to not overindulge. So far so good.

I tried that, but it doesn't stop me. I usually end up eating them before their even frozen.
  • waldo11690
    waldo11690 Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    They bother me and whisper to me until I eat the whole container of whatever it is. In this case chocolate truffles. I had a container of 12 and just ate all of them.

Guess I'll have my "cheat" day today then in place of tomorrow... eh. :smiley:

This reminds me of Chris's mom on Everybody Hates Chris. She loves Chocolate Turtles. Lol. But I feel your pain. There are a lot of cookies, sweets, and snacks in my house just staring me in the face. My weakness can be a double stuffed oreo and it's hard to just eat one.
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    waldo11690 wrote: »
    They bother me and whisper to me until I eat the whole container of whatever it is. In this case chocolate truffles. I had a container of 12 and just ate all of them.

Guess I'll have my "cheat" day today then in place of tomorrow... eh. :smiley:

This reminds me of Chris's mom on Everybody Hates Chris. She loves Chocolate Turtles. Lol. But I feel your pain. There are a lot of cookies, sweets, and snacks in my house just staring me in the face. My weakness can be a double stuffed oreo and it's hard to just eat one.

This is why I keep them out of the house outside my cheat day. Otherwise I would eat 1500 calories of sweets everyday....not good for weight loss. :blush: