Is it fat flab or lack of muscle tone?

Options
I posted on here yesterday with a question. Essentially I was asking why, after losing 13lbs of weight, I still didn't look any different? My start weight was 154lbs and now I'm 141lbs,

Anyway...I was musing last night on the reasons WHY i dont look any different despite the loss. Could it be MUSCLE tone that means I dont look any different? Now that the fat is coming off is my lack of muscle tone making me look flabby still?? I do cardio workouts but haven't done any strength.

Possible? What do you think?

Replies

• Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    whats your height? I believe that it's muscle tone, start adding some strength into your exercise. Don't gert discouraged though, chin up cause everything takes time. :]
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to look different! I have lost similar amount to you, I'm only a petite 5ft 3" and its very noticeable that I have lost weight - I am very similar stats to you now...have you measured? aren't your clothes falling/hanging off you? I know I've went down two sizes :)

ps I do mostly a mixture of walking and cardio and have in last 2 months introduced strength and some weights - my shape is changing radically over those recent months yet I haven't lost more than a pound since I started doing more strength...I feel strength is the way to really shape our bodies up :-D
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    I'm 5,5 in height. And i remember years ago I went from 11st down to 9! YES 9 in about 6 months but almost within the first month I looked so much better.

Which makes me wonder if it's not the muscle thing because back then I was also working out 4 times a day, for 2hrs at a time doing cardio AND strength training!

Do things feel any looser? Erm...not particularly although my rings are looser? My other half suggests maybe it's because i'm losing it from all over in a steady way?
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The all important visceral fat - always forgotten but the most important of all fat to get rid of. This is inside your body cavity, wrapped around your organs - lose this fat and it's not that obvious externally.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    How quickly did you lose the weight?
    How much carbs, fats and protein have you been eating per day?
    Do you have any allergies, eg gluten or lactose?
    Are your measurements still the same?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It could be that you are indeed losing it all over so you don't as yet see much difference... I noticed my wrist getting smaller :)
    My legs are really toned (from the 30 day shred and then I have since kept at the workouts)

Be proud of your achievement so far and now just try to get in some exercise, it doesn't take that much, 30 mins/day is more than sufficient and you'll seen incredible changes :-D

You are a good average height and you should look really slim right now even if you do feel a bit 'flabby' :)
  • Beckaroo94
    Beckaroo94 Posts: 66
    Options
    Maybe because you lost it slowly you just haven't noticed? You probably have lost it all over evenly. Or maybe it is because it's internal fat you've lost, as another poster suggested.