College students losing weight TOGETHER!!

Options
2»

Replies

• demisidrak
    demisidrak Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    I am finishing up my freshman year. I currently weight 180 and I'm 5' 8. My goal weight is 145. I actually use to weight that in high school and I really want to get back there. I would love to have the support from others because I have no one to work out with and its hard to change your diet and start working out when your by yourself.

Support and motivation is so important when trying to lose weight and I have found that my friends on MFP are so warm and welcoming and never judge. (just be careful who you add though, some people are so critical!)

For the most part I've only had to delete one negative person so far, everyone else is lovely!!

You can also try groups or pages on other social media to help you stay motivated.

• 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm a 61-year-old college student, graduating in March 2016 from the medical assisting program. So far, college has brought a lot more activity than my former career as a medical transcriptionist. My life feels full of possibility again, even the possibility of changing my unhealthy habits for healthy ones.

A toast to the future!
  • lbhsn3224
    lbhsn3224 Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am a 20 year old junior IT student. I just recently started on here. I am just beginning to get serious about my fitness journey. I like things like this because it lets me know other people are going through the same journey I am.

Feel free to add me!

-Liz
  • smkronen
    smkronen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm an 18 year old freshman who started MFP at New Years. I started at around 162 lbs and am now around 154, but I've been stuck and frustrated the past few weeks. My goal is 135, and I'm 5'6. Feel free to add me! I would love friends for motivation and support!

- Shannon
  • SM_95
    SM_95 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm19 from the UK woo! Second year student looking for motivation, I'm 5'4 and aroun 134lbs. I've used the app for a while but I've always kept it a private diary just for me. I think it's time to give the community a go! Need the support now and hope I can give some back!
  • Mo_niee
    Mo_niee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Monica I'm 22, started off at 245 now at 225. I have good days and bad days but I find comfort and help talking to other people who can relate. Weight loss was always a struggle for me but I refuse to let it hold me back anymore. Between night classes and a full time job, I still make time to get my 45 min of cardio in. Feel free to add me. Let's empower one another. xoxo Monica