How many calories does this burn?

Options
fricketyfrack
fricketyfrack Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I am 5'9" and weight 139 pounds. This usually takes me around 45 minutes, sometimes more. I have no idea what to log it as and was wondering if anyone wanted to take a guess at how many calories it burns! EDIT: Just to specify, the only weights I am using are 2 10-pound dumbbells. I'm a wimp.

WORKOUT:
60 dumbbell side lunges
30 dumbbell standing outer thigh lifts
50 lying outer thigh lifts
50 half bridge thigh abductions
50 lunges (per leg)
50 squats
2 minute walk sit
50 donkey kicks (per side)
50 glute kickbacks (per side)
30 single leg bridges (per side)
50 alternating leg-arm raises (per side)
100 calf raise pulses
100 plié calf raise pulses
100 toes-in calf raise pulses
50 inner thigh criss crosses
30 inner thigh circles (per side)
50 sumo squats
20 plié squats
30 side hip raises (per side)
100 side heel-touch crunches
50 butterfly push-throughs
200 criss-crosses
60 second vacuum hold
20 lying double leg lifts
20 reverse crunches
10 single leg ball roll-ins (per leg)
1 minute plank
10 roll-ups
10 1-2-3 pulses
15 dig-and-drags
50 dumbbell bicep curls (alternate)
10 push-ups
10 diamond push-ups
15 shoulder press (per arm)
1 minute golf ball arms
30 tricep dips
25 lat raises
50 deadlifts
50 roman chair
30 back fly

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I would log 45 minutes of calisthenics or something like that. You're never going to get precision for anything that detailed.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How in the world do you fit that all in 45 minutes?

Rough guess, at your height/weight maybe 150-200
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Shoot. I'd log it as 45 minutes of circuit training if you fit all of this in.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    How the heck do you do all that in 45 minutes?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
  • fricketyfrack
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    How in the world do you fit that all in 45 minutes?

Rough guess, at your height/weight maybe 150-200
    MCIBTY wrote: »
    How the heck do you do all that in 45 minutes?

It usually takes closer to an hour or even more, I just don't want to log more calories than I actually burned.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Whatever you put it's just an average based on your height/weight not your actual effort. Invest in a heart rate monitor.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well, I totally agree with logging it as circuit training but if you really want a number (And I would!) I would just start looking up each activity... I use Livestrong.com and a couple other sites but generally I just type into my search engine "How many calories does _____ Burn" and then go from there. I've found out all kinds of burns that way from standing at a bar in heels to working in a deli to snowblowing to even doing Karaoke!! Best of luck and let us know what you find!!
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow...that's 40 different ones..how in the world do you do that in 45 min or so?? Oh I see now you said a little over an hour or more...wow that's a lot of workout!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    50 deadlifts?

For heavens sake why?

Op I'd suggest you follow a program of progressive lifting.

Look at stronglifts 5x5
    Nerd fitness
    New rules of lifting for women
    Convict conditioning - body weight stuff
    - You are your own gym
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    dym123 wrote: »
    Whatever you put it's just an average based on your height/weight not your actual effort. Invest in a heart rate monitor.
    That would not work for this type of workout. HRMs are only remotely accurate for steady state cardio, not circuits or strength training.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    *sniff*sniff* What's that I smell? Potential eating disorder and/or body dysmorphia is in the air me thinks.

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    WORKOUT:
    60 dumbbell side lunges
    50 lunges (per leg)
    50 squats
    50 sumo squats
    20 plié squats
    50 deadlifts
    50 roman chair
    30 back fly

If you are able to get through 50 deadlifts in one day, regardless of how many other exercises you are doing that day, you are not lifting heavy enough to do you any real good in terms of strength training. You are not building muscle with this routine. You have two options:

-change this workout to something a bit more reasonable and up the weight you are lifting

-log the whole thing as jumping jacks, because with the weight you have to be moving to get through this, you are just doing cardio.

You should not be doing 50 deadlifts in a WEEK, much less a day. What is your goal?

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    OP, sometimes less is more. Use heavier weights and do less reps. There is no point doing 50-100 reps of the same exercise (well maybe cardio and endurance, but still, that's way too many reps)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    illyich wrote: »
    WORKOUT:
    60 dumbbell side lunges
    50 lunges (per leg)
    50 squats
    50 sumo squats
    20 plié squats
    50 deadlifts
    50 roman chair
    30 back fly

If you are able to get through 50 deadlifts in one day, regardless of how many other exercises you are doing that day, you are not lifting heavy enough to do you any real good in terms of strength training. You are not building muscle with this routine. You have two options:

-change this workout to something a bit more reasonable and up the weight you are lifting

-log the whole thing as jumping jacks, because with the weight you have to be moving to get through this, you are just doing cardio.

You should not be doing 50 deadlifts in a WEEK, much less a day. What is your goal?

Now I'm confused because I thought OP was doing a body weight circuit workout.

• fricketyfrack
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    WORKOUT:
    60 dumbbell side lunges
    50 lunges (per leg)
    50 squats
    50 sumo squats
    20 plié squats
    50 deadlifts
    50 roman chair
    30 back fly

I should have specified, the only weights I'm using are 2 10-pound dumbbells D: I'm not really big into lifting, just cardio and body weight workouts
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    How would one deadlift with body weight? She mentions several dumbbell exercises, but with the # of reps in the short time frame they can't be more than 5 lbs
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    WORKOUT:
    60 dumbbell side lunges
    50 lunges (per leg)
    50 squats
    50 sumo squats
    20 plié squats
    50 deadlifts
    50 roman chair
    30 back fly

I should have specified, the only weights I'm using are 2 10-pound dumbbells D: I'm not really big into lifting, just cardio and body weight workouts

Even a body weight workout should be progressive. If you can do an exercise 50 times it is too easy. It won't really achieve anything except possible damage your joints via the repetitive motion.

Look up the nerd fitness bodyweight workout, convict conditioning or you are your own gym.
  • fricketyfrack
    Options
    WORKOUT:
    60 dumbbell side lunges
    50 lunges (per leg)
    50 squats
    50 sumo squats
    20 plié squats
    50 deadlifts
    50 roman chair
    30 back fly

Even a body weight workout should be progressive. If you can do an exercise 50 times it is too easy. It won't really achieve anything except possible damage your joints via the repetitive motion.

Look up the nerd fitness bodyweight workout, convict conditioning or you are your own gym.

Thanks! I'll look into that!