Loose stomach skin

Options
Hi, I have lost 27 lbs and 17 lbs to go and I have also lost some inches off my stomach. Now, I need learn how to tighten the loose skin on my stomach. Can anyone help me with this?

Dre

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Try losing 90 lbs and we are talking major loose skin, LOL! The skin tightens on it's own, and there's little you can do to change it's schedule. How fast it tightens up depends on your age and genetics.
  • jkramsey42
    jkramsey42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If your skin has stretch marks, it's damaged to the point where it won't shrink back. It most often happens with massive weight loss (100+ lb), such as after bariatric surgery.

With 30lb, it may just be a bit of fat. "Spot-reducing" is a myth, though strengthening your ab muscles may help.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Not a whole lot you can do about loose skin other than tone the muscles underneath as much as possible. I've gone through 2 pregnancies, 6 abdominal surgeries where I was cut from the belly button down and have lost 130 pounds...I have so much loose skin I could hide a small child under it all and my doctor said there is nothing I can do about it short of getting it surgically removed.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    yeah I hear ya!!!!.....I lost 50lb and I'm in the same situation....there really isn't much you can do other than lots of strength training and ab work....mine looks alright when I'm standing but you do NOT want to see what happens when I'm doing push ups!!!ewww
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    In this boat too. I've been doing plank and side plank hoping to build up the muscles under the apron left from my 2 c-sections and 40lbs lost.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This is on my wish list:
    cycling_short_sq_grande.jpg?v=1417273032
  • sugarnspice33
    sugarnspice33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yeah I hear ya!!!!.....I lost 50lb and I'm in the same situation....there really isn't much you can do other than lots of strength training and ab work....mine looks alright when I'm standing but you do NOT want to see what happens when I'm doing push ups!!!ewww

I'm in the same situation and I've searching for tips on how to improve it. It looks bad when I plank but I still have some adipose tissue underneath. I'm concerned that if I loose anymore weight it will get worse. I even considered re-gaining 10-15lbs....Do u think wearing slim wear will help the skin shrink?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Time, acceptance or surgery are about your only real options.
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    jkramsey42 wrote: »
    If your skin has stretch marks, it's damaged to the point where it won't shrink back.

Stretch marks have nothing to do with that, as any mother can tell you.
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Spanx.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I suggest kind of just blinking when you look at your stomach, focusing on how awesome other parts look and how great clothes fit now, and enjoying your progress in performance.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Just don't look down when you do pushups