Women (men too).... do you tell your significant other what you weigh?

Options

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do. He doesn't care. I mean he thinks I look great but he doesn't really understand size 6 or size 8 or what weight necessarily means or looks like. So it sort of goes in one ear and out the other with him.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    He couldn't possibly care less, but I'd have no problem telling him.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    We've had this thread before!

Unless your partner has problems with his sight he knows what you look like regardless of whether he knows a number...

He does have problems with his sight, he thinks I look great :-)

I did search prior to creating this threat and I couldn't find anything, probably worded differently.

OP the issue is you because why would you say that about your SO?

Apparently the issue is with me, that's why I'm asking. I love it that he thinks I look great but I am very unhappy with my appearance.

Sit him down and tell him why you feel the way you feel. If you want you can ask him why he finds you attractive. I recommend that questions really sucks hearing a women ask men that.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes. We are always close to the same weight (unless I am pregnant which I won't be ever again).
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I usually did not until I was so proud of my weight loss.
    Down 103 at this point. Now I have it posted on my fridge for all to see.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    yep. we're very open about our health and fitness. it's pretty awesome actually. he's on here too.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    I usually did not until I was so proud of my weight loss.
    Down 103 at this point. Now I have it posted on my fridge for all to see.

103 lbs, wow! You give me inspiration. I want to lose 48, down 13 already.

• epona08
    epona08 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll tell anyone anything. Specifics too. I have no filter.

This would be me too.

Besides, if I'm embarrassed of my weight, what better motivation to move more/eat less. Of course it doesn't always work like that for everyone, but for me it sure seems to.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I tell him. Whatevs. I'm embarrassed, but the man loves me and my crazy, crazy dog, so I figure it won't scare him off. It's also embarrassing because I weigh about the same as him, if not 5 to 10 lbs more at times. Oh well. We still look cute together! :smile:
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've come close... but not yet! Though I think he has a general idea.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I weigh 260ish pounds. I don't care who knows because it's a number. It's going down, but even still, it'll only be a number. Who cares? Work towards something. If he knows your weight, hopefully he can tell you how awesome you are when you lose some.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It dawned on me that I now weigh less than him, and bragged on it. To my surprise, he was mildly offended. Like I was in competition or something. Nope, just marveling at the changes.
  • arwFTW
    arwFTW Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No....too embarassed. Literally no one except me and my doctor know exactly what I weigh. And i haven't been to the doctor in almost 2 years!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    I weigh 260ish pounds. I don't care who knows because it's a number. It's going down, but even still, it'll only be a number. Who cares? Work towards something. If he knows your weight, hopefully he can tell you how awesome you are when you lose some.

You got it right sir. The number on the scale is just that and does not really tell anyone more about you.

• navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I tell anyone who asks.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    yeah but who cares it could be loads of muscle :P
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    No. I don't tell anyone the number. It sounds absolutely horrifying because I have a lot more muscle than most women. Once my bodyfat is down I will probably be able to say the number.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't tell him, but he tells me every time he hits a new low.