Options
2»

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    inthslif wrote: »
    rosebette wrote: »
    I tend to have the same issue. I was told by my doctor that this could be my regular schedule. Anything between 3 X a day and 3 X a week is considered "normal." I also eat a lot of fiber, but it doesn't have much effect. I've had good luck with adding 1 tbs. of chia seeds to my oatmeal, yogurt, or if I have peanut butter on toast.

I cut pb out of my diet.....it was a cause of my weight gain
    I measure it and eat only 1 TBs. on toast or an English muffin in the morning. I know some people can't stop and will eat it right out of the jar, but for me, 1 tb on bread or an apple is enough to keep me full in the morning.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I used to have the problem all during my teenage years...i thought it was normal... but turns out i was not eating enough which cleared the problem...Also try a probiotic like shiff digestive advantage!
  • inthslif
    inthslif Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the same issue. I was told by my doctor that this could be my regular schedule. Anything between 3 X a day and 3 X a week is considered "normal." I also eat a lot of fiber, but it doesn't have much effect. I've had good luck with adding 1 tbs. of chia seeds to my oatmeal, yogurt, or if I have peanut butter on toast.

I cut pb out of my diet.....it was a cause of my weight gain
    I measure it and eat only 1 TBs. on toast or an English muffin in the morning. I know some people can't stop and will eat it right out of the jar, but for me, 1 tb on bread or an apple is enough to keep me full in the morning.

I love pb.......I use pb2 powder now. ....not the same but ok
  • inthslif
    Options
    Naley2322 wrote: »
    I used to have the problem all during my teenage years...i thought it was normal... but turns out i was not eating enough which cleared the problem...Also try a probiotic like shiff digestive advantage![/quote

Yeah. ......if it starts being a problem
  • inthslif
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »
    magnesium citrate supplements , you will sleep better every night and guarantee at least 1 big poop a day. take too much and you wont be able to leave the house.

Wow.....I have a hard time sleeping also
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Trouble sleeping, constipated sounds like magnesium defiecincy. I was also once plauged with this.
  • inthslif
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »
    Trouble sleeping, constipated sounds like magnesium defiecincy. I was also once plauged with this.

I'm not constipated. .... I'll look into magnesium citrate
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Every other day is perfectly fine. If you're not constipated, no worries. No need to intervene.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My fibre is over the norm and I'm every other day when dieting. Shouldn't be an issue though. I believe this is also normal. If it turns into two days or more I eat foods that will induce it like popcorn. Works like a charm.
  • inthslif
    Options
    Every other day is perfectly fine. If you're not constipated, no worries. No need to intervene.

Thanks. ...... I'm happy my plumbing is working
  • inthslif
    Options
    My fibre is over the norm and I'm every other day when dieting. Shouldn't be an issue though. I believe this is also normal. If it turns into two days or more I eat foods that will induce it like popcorn. Works like a charm.

Popcorn works? ?? Never heard that before
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

My aunt and grandmother used to swear by it as a "regulator."
  • inthslif
    Options

My aunt and grandmother used to swear by it as a "regulator."

Good to know
  • OlgaW007
    Options
    Sometimes excess of dietary fibers can cause constipation because your digestive system did not get use to so much fiber. In that case popcorn and other dry food can make it even worse.
    The easiest way to get rid of delay is to take water soluble fibers as a Metamucil or Benefiber. Also it helps with discomfort caused by bloating.
  • inthslif
    Options
    I have hemorrhoids also.......comfort is a must
  • inthslif
    Options
    Since taking magnesium pills. ..... I've been regular and sleeping better