30 day shred question

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
Right now I don't exercise at all. I have a office job so most of my day I'm sitting. I'm going to start the 30 day shred today and I was wondering how many days a week to do it ?

I was thinking maybe five days a week. How often does everyone else do it ?

Replies

• z4dow
    z4dow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in level 3 day 2 (finished a moment ago). I was like you, no exercise at all and in front of a computer all day and the half of the night. It was like hell in the beginning. Now it's not easy but i'm stronger. I'm doing it 5 days a week with 2 rest days, usually at weekends or any day i need it.
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was always under the impression that you were supposed to do it every day for 30 days, 10 days at level 1, 10 days at level 2 and 10 days at level 3.
    Is that wrong?
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Someone quoted her saying:
    According to Jillian, the schedule she recommends for the 30 DS is 2 days Shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days Shred, 1 day cardio, 1 day of rest. She says the "30" in the name is just a marketing tool."

It makes sense, anything you do the same way, everyday, your body gets used to it. For some, they need more cardio than Shred so even if they do a short cardio DVD or walk/run, etc. without the strength, it will help them more. I do it alone some days, some days I add another DVD of a different type and other days I just rest my muscles. (once a week)