Hello!

Options
I am a lapsed member and very glad to be back and active. I turned 50 last year and am somewhere in the middle of peri-menopause. Last time I was active at MFP I didn't exercise much but recently joined a local gym and go about 5 days a week. I am here to get fit and to fit again in my size 6 jeans comfortably. My main fitness goal is to have good enough cardio so that I don't go anaerobic on mountain bike rides with my husband. I have about 7-10 pounds to loose and then maintain. I'm figuring out how to track my calories and exercise but I still have some questions. After you complete the log for the day, there's a message about how much you should weigh in so many weeks. Has anyone found this to be accurate or at least in the ballpark? I've only been tracking over a week so I can't really tell. I have a wii fit but the scale on that thing isn't anywhere close to what the gym scale says. I try to not weigh obsessively but I'm curious naturally. Net weight takes into account the calories burned in exercise, correct. If 1200 is my calorie intake goal and I burn 300 at the gym if I eat calories that total 1500 calories then I will still be on a slow even pace to lose. Is that correct?

After a month of regular exercise I feel and sleep so much better. I was feeling so sluggish and dull.