not eating enough??

Options
I wake up and have a protein shake. Work out (intro to
cardio, and some weight training..nothing crazy bc im just starting). Have some veggies. And usually a low carb or carbless dinner. ..I have already lost 1lb and feel great but I am not eating e oucalories throughout the day..

Replies

• krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I wake up and have a protein shake. Work out (intro to
    cardio, and some weight training..nothing crazy bc im just starting). Have some veggies. And usually a low carb or carbless dinner. ..I have already lost 1lb and feel great but I am not eating e oucalories throughout the day..

Are you logging your food?
  • Fay_410
    Fay_410 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes. Everything down to olive oil.
  • krisalexine
    Options
    Yes. Everything down to olive oil.

How many calories are you eating per day?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I doubt you're much over 1000 calories, depending on your dinner, which is pretty low. It's probably OK short term, especially if you're feeling good with good energy for your workouts, but I would work on getting your intake up. A little peanut butter or a glass of milk could go a long way... doesn't have to be a ton of food.
  • Fay_410
    Options
    Lol one day I was like 529 calories and had the worst headache in the world!!! I added the peanut butter today to my smoothie and half of an avacado bc it was going bad. So I think I'll get to my goal.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods can be your friends when you're trying to get enough to eat. These are foods that add a big calorie punch without a lot of added food volume in your stomach. With a little planning, you should be able to add 100-200 calories to each meal pretty easily.

This is a generic list and it's definitely not comprehensive, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    honey
    molasses
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't having the worst headache in the world cue you in that you weren't eating enough?
  • Fay_410
    Options
    lcooper327 wrote: »
    Wouldn't having the worst headache in the world cue you in that you weren't eating enough?

Well the first day of my diet i wasnt calorie counting & But the Second I was so hangry so I decided to start tracking.
  • krisalexine
    Options
    Lol one day I was like 529 calories and had the worst headache in the world!!! I added the peanut butter today to my smoothie and half of an avacado bc it was going bad. So I think I'll get to my goal.

Be careful! I'm not going to berate you like a lot of people on MFP feel the need to do to others.

Before I started training, I've gone extremely low calorie before and I was miserable. If you're doing cardio and lifting, don't be afraid to up the calories. You'll burn them off and the headaches will go away :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    lcooper327 wrote: »

Well the first day of my diet i wasnt calorie counting & But the Second I was so hangry so I decided to start tracking.

So whats your point and whats your future strategy?

You do understand if you dont eat enough, then its unhealthy and counterproductive. You will not be getting the nutrition your body needs?
    Berating or not, its just common sense you do things in a healthy sustainable way. Your diet though.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know you're not eating enough... sometimes it just takes some practice when changing eating habits and logging cals.