Whole Wheat vs Regular

2»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    If it says "enriched" then I believe that means they process it to the point where nutrients are lost, then they add back those nutrients. Whole wheat is not processed as much but still is processed to a point, obviously. They do have to take the wheat and turn it into pasta. I usually just get regular pasta cause it's what they have at aldi.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Eat the pasta you are used to. There is very little difference between the regular and the whole wheat.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I switched to whole wheat a few years back when my husband was diagnosed as diabetic. The only difference to me is that it takes a little longer to cook. I actually find it more flavorful than white pasta. It definitely affects his blood sugar less than white pasta.
  • cclepew
    cclepew Posts: 40 Member
    I never liked whole wheat pasta. The texture is all wrong. When I was diagnosed with diabetes last year, I revisited whole wheat pasta to see if I could make it work in my new meal plan. I found that not only do still not like it, it spikes my blood sugar almost as much as regular pasta. So it's just not worth it. Had to remove pasta from my meal plan. I got a veggie noodle maker, and have zucchini noodles instead.