Am I being too laissez faire about this?

Options
I'm only dropping my amount of calories for 2-3 months (bikini season is nigh), so I haven't been doing this too long (5 weeks or so) and I've only been watching calories. I just ignore the sugar/fat/etc information.

Other than that, I try to make sure I get a reasonable amount of protein and take vitamin, mineral and calcium supplements to make up for anything I'm probably doing wrong. I've even been known to skip half a meal now and then to squeeze in something terribly unhealthy.

I guess my question is, am I doing any worse to myself than the usual semi-bad eater, or are there going to be health consequences because I'm eating a questionable diet while also doing a calorie deficit?

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You'll be just fine.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty normal... I have a general IIFYM (if it fits your macros) approach so it's not unlike me to eat Burger King once in awhile or reeses cups or whatever I'm feeling at the time. If you're getting adequate protein & fat and eating a deficit, you'll lose pretty simply.
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    I guess I was just worried because there's less room for error.
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what I do – I try to watch the macros but mainly worry about calories. I've been doing it since May and have lost over 70 pounds. I am always having some sort of treat or another. I'm probably losing more slowly this way, but it's definitely completely sustainable, which is what I am looking for. I make gradual changes when I want to.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm all about IIFYM too...it makes more sense to me.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    FWIW you're paying more attention to your diet than a lot of people do.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Nope, you'll be fine. Normally I eat very heathy, but sometimes I need 'bad' food. I ignore all macros other than calories and fiber (because it keeps me full). Otherwise, keep doin' what you are doin' if it's workin'.
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's worked so far - 7 pounds in 5 weeks - so I'm just going to keep at it.