Valentines

Options
Finding it hard this week with valentines

Replies

• athena61
    athena61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I understand. I am not around tempting foods all day long like other people, but I do plan on having a nice treat on Valentine's Day. I've been planning it for weeks. Hang in there, you can do it!
  • dtracey4
    Options
    I will thank you for your reply and happy valentines
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    At least you haven't had to deal with a big Costco cake ( a third of it ) just sitting on the counter all week.

I swear it's been taunting me!

Haha.
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Lmao I work at Maccies so I'm with u hun
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I ate some valentine candy, I admit it. Which is really bad since I'm prediabetic. :X However the amount wasn't that much and the main meal of the day will be steak, which is good protein. Not a total fail overall lol
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Lol I had my meal yesterday weren't too bad
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You're finding a whole week difficult because of a single day that can be celebrated with flowers, walks hand in hand and long soaking bubble baths?

Why?

I think you'll find if you get your attitude right, that it's all about balance you'll find your journey easier ...because there's always something coming up that will challenge your willpower, you need to make it a lifestyle that you enjoy
  • eapple87
    eapple87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed some valentine's day chocolate. I logged it so I didn't go over my calorie goal and exercised to help free up some room. Who can resist a kiss, or two, or four! I'm also going to have heart shaped pancakes with my daughters this morning and I'll hiit it later to free up more room.

Don't beat yourself up over wanting to treat yourself. Just do it responsibly in moderation and exercise and you'll probably feel great about it <3

Happy Valentine's day!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Enjoy Valentine's and treats! Just work them in to your daily calories - exercise a bit longer. Don't panic over it. It's life - there's room for small indulgences.
  • Marthy101
    Marthy101 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well, any holiday loaded with sweets is Dangerous! Mmmm Easter candy is out! I loves me some chocolate. My plan today (maybe not the best) is to split my chocolate dipped strawberries with Hubby; I will attempt to log the calories, though I've seen much disparity in the database! Then tonight, I will cut 1/4 off of my Reese's heart (1 serving= 180), and Hope that I'll still be within my calorie quota, if waaay over my sugar goal !
    Happy Valentine's Day, all! I say treat yourself in moderation, and don't feel the least bit guilty about it! Enjoy!!!
  • dtracey4
    Options
    That sounds amazing
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for tomorrow because all of the Valentine's candy will be on clearance, and I don't have to share with anyone.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You're finding a whole week difficult because of a single day that can be celebrated with flowers, walks hand in hand and long soaking bubble baths?

Why?

I think you'll find if you get your attitude right, that it's all about balance you'll find your journey easier ...because there's always something coming up that will challenge your willpower, you need to make it a lifestyle that you enjoy

^^^This. Valentine's Day is just another day to me. I used to use Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, etc. as an excuse to overeat on sweets, and looking back I know it was just an excuse as it seems more permissible around those times. Have some candy if you want it, and fit it into your calories. But really, if you just have a little daily and fit it in, it will not effect weight loss. It's when you deny yourself and then overeat later out of deprivation that you can run into issues.

• ImLovinMe2_14_15
    Options
    Today, Valentine's Day, I started Nutrisystem under the name ImLovinMe2_14_15. I am currently 202.8 lbs at 5 ft 9. I want to be around 150 lbs. Today is my first day with Nutrisystem and MyFitnessPal.
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I pretty much skipped a meal to make up for the gift of white chocolate. If I'm going to starve for it, it could have at least been strawberry cream. Ah well. At least it's not every day.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    There are a few days a year that are special. Maybe 10-12, maybe a few more. Let's just say it's 25. That leaves me 340 days per year to toe the line. Valentine's day is one of those days. I am enjoying my day guilt free with my girl. Everyone has to do their own thing their own way, for me, I'm gonna enjoy those few days without a care.