Does w w really work

Options
Has any one tried the old ww then done the new pro points because I think the old one was better

Replies

• DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt!

Someone else posted this recently on another thread. Didn't even have to join WW to lose weight.

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html
  • ametru69
    Options
    I liked the old one too, the meetings were inspiring, but like with anything else, you get out of it, what you put into it.
  • dtracey4
    Options
    I know but with new pro points obese people seem to be on same points as a slim person how can that work
  • dtracey4
    Options
    I did lose three stone on other one just wish they would bring it back
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did the old we too and it worked wonders for me
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Can't you follow the old programme ..you must have all the books still

Personally I prefer calorie counting because the tools are all here and it's cheaper
  • dtracey4
    Options
    I've lost my books
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Yeah it was brilliant wasn't it
  • Grumpy_Marmot
    Options
    WW works, I dropped my first 40 with them... I just wanted to know what I was putting in my body hence the switch to MFP. I would eat fruit all day long because it was 0 points... The issue I had was the meetings can be a little to raa raa for me.
  • gusinott
    gusinott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ametru69 wrote: »
    I liked the old one too, the meetings were inspiring, but like with anything else, you get out of it, what you put into it.

WW worked for me (some 20 years ago). I lost 80lbs in my 20's, but then "life" happened and some of the weight came back. But, I'm applying what I learned then in WW, as well as over the years through personal training and various other weight-loss programs; I'm incorporating all of this and using MFP on the start to another journey...
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    WW is effectively calorie counting. 1 point is roughly 50 cals (I've done it before). The "all you can eat fruit and veggies" aspect could totally negate your deficit though. It's calorie counting put in a special package to make money.
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did lose the first 5 kilos (maybe a bit more) with WW, propoints. However, I decided to switch to MFP because it was free, and because you learn much more about your food. Not just 'points' (which were a bit abstract to me) but also nutritional value: is it high in protein, or in fats, etc.

What I did like more with WW is that most fruits and veggies were zero points, which was a great motivator to snack on those! I still do of course, but it can be a bit off putting visually to see that a banana contains 17 grams of sugar, lol..