Was old diet on ww better because can't seem to lose ADR much with pro points

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what that means^.
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Sorry it means the old ww diet worked does any one else think new pro points isn't as good
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    dtracey4 wrote: »
    Sorry it means the old ww diet worked does any one else think new pro points isn't as good

Whew! I know a lot of people have lost on WW. I personally, have never tried it. I do know that MFP works and its free :smiley:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have been a lifetime WW member since 1997 and Pro Points is what made me quit for good. I honestly wonder if people were being TOO successful on their old program and weren't 'return customers' so they changed it up so that it would be easier to fail while still thinking you're on the program.
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Yes that's what I've gathered since being on here I'm hoping to shift last stone
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Thankyou a lot of people don't seem to happy I've asked the question but I've been back on w w doing pro points and getting no where I lost three stone before
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I did the FlexPoints program...it worked ok for weight loss but not so well for tracking nutrition. MFP is superior imho simply because it does allow me to track all nutrients not just fat fiber and calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    dtracey4 wrote: »
    Thankyou a lot of people don't seem to happy I've asked the question but I've been back on w w doing pro points and getting no where I lost three stone before

I hear that a lot. They seem to have a climbing rate of discontent among previously happy customers. I love MFP, it works and I stick with it.
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Yes I agree and you can find most foods on mfp instead of guessing
  • dtracey4
    Options
    I know one of my meetings used to be rammed they had to close it recently no members
  • dtracey4
    Options
    You'd think they'd bring it back to old way
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I think it will take a while of their membership dwindling before they rethink. They seem to have added an exercise thing now too, it's like they keep trying to bring people back with new stuff rather than realising that the old way was what people liked.
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Yeah I totally agree
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Pro points have been around for a few years me now. They certainly were the plan when I tried WW at least 3 years ago - it may have been longer.

I found WW very harsh - that may have just been my local group though. But I have friends that like the programme. And that have seen results - so it's working for them.

At the time I joined they were happy for existing members to follow the old plan instead - like I said that was years ago. What I have seen is the purposeful reworking of the plan every so often. As each plan seems to work - I suspect money I making tactic out of existing members - but not stayed long enough to find out.

But if you preferred the old plan I'm sure you could google sufficient info to follow it - if you don't still have the old merchandise.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Does WW still count fruit n veggies as freebies?
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Does WW still count fruit n veggies as freebies?

To my knowledge, yes they do. I actually think this is why a lot of people don't succeed anymore. Fruits used to cost points (I don't know about veggies) and now they don't. That could be hundreds of extra calories every day that don't count in any way.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yeah for sure. I can see people downing loads of bananas, apples grapes etc on top of their set calories. ....
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Yeah for sure. I can see people downing loads of bananas, apples grapes etc on top of their set calories. ....

I did WW a few years ago and one of the frequent topics on their message boards was about how evil bananas were. People would eat 3-5 of them a day (along with more servings of fruits and veggies) and couldn't figure out why they couldn't lose since they were supposed to be "free". Starchy veggies and avocados still had points.

• dtracey4
    Options
    Yeah think that caught a few people out
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Holy cow! I tried weight watchers back in like... 2005? At that point in time it was very restrictive and when I calculated the calorie allowance of the points worth of foods they permitted me, it averaged to like 800 calories a day. Felt like I was gonna die, quit the program. I see they have swung in the opposite direction!