hai friends just answer that how much you want to lose in how much time

Replies

• DEEPU91
    DEEPU91 Posts: 74 Member
    first of all wish you all happy valentine's day
    20 kg in 2.5 month
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Time limits are a good way to set yourself up for failure, especially when you set such a high, potentially dangerous one as yours. You didn't put it on in 2.5 months, so why rush?
  • msliz74
    msliz74 Posts: 4 Member
    I set out to lose 40 lbs 4 years ago. I am now .8 lbs away from my goal. I would have months where I did great then I would go bad again for months. :)
  • DEEPU91
    will you bet with me @malibu927‌
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    I've never set a time limit that didn't disappoint. I'm losing for life, so why make it so hard from the start
  • drnisley
    drnisley Posts: 13 Member
    I agree. Time limits are a bad idea. I've never been able to achieve any goal with in a time limit. I aways disappointed and discouraged. I just take one day at a time and hope for a loss by the end of my week. Even if it's .2 lbs lost. A loss is a loss.
  • DEEPU91
    different people have different perceptions
    ideas and thoughts may vary from person to person
  • DEEPU91
    why not you are posting your targets rather commenting on each others targets
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    DEEPU91 wrote: »

It's a public forum - people are free to state their opinions.

My target - zero weight loss, forever.

By the way your target is far too aggressive unless your profile picture doesn't tell the whole story.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Time limits have been super successful for me when trying to push through plateaus.

I definitely don't think there is anything inherently wrong with them. I think the trick is to pick something that is challenging but doable, so you don't set yourself up for failure, but do give yourself something to work at.

I also think having time limits represent chunks of your overall goal rather than saying "I want to lose 135 lbs in one year," say "I want to lose 5 more pounds by the end of February." If you get off track with a monster goal, there is no way to recover or build better habits the next go round.

Right now, I'm pushing to lose another ten lbs by St Patrick's Day. It's a short term goal, and if I don't make it, I won't be crushed, but I also have a nice benchmark.

If you are someone who is driven by that sort of metric based approach, I say set a goal that's not a piece of cake, but that is reachable, and have at it.
  • DEEPU91
    i agree to @FoCoAlphaNerd‌
  • DEEPU91
    i will post my full pic here soon and we will compare that with the pic on 1 may
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    sijomial wrote: »

It's a public forum - people are free to state their opinions.

My target - zero weight loss, forever.

By the way your target is far too aggressive unless your profile picture doesn't tell the whole story.

^^^^^THIS
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    edited February 2015
    will you bet with me @malibu927‌

No, because you shouldn't be risking your health like that. You're trying to lose over twice the maximum safe rate of loss per week, and that's only recommended for those with 75+ pounds to lose. Crash diets are not pretty and can potentially cause serious ailments

I did give myself a time goal at first...90 pounds in 18 months. It's been 13.5 months and I'm just now coming up to 60 down. And I'm fine with not meeting that, because I've still lost.

Go over to the Getting Started forum and read the sexypants thread to see how you should handle this.
  • DEEPU91
    all you can get my point that how i am going to achieve my goal at my other discussion of "DO WITH ME" heading
  • DEEPU91
    Hi friends
    There is a good news
    I lost 10 kg
    Thx for your support