Not loosing anything

Options
2»

Replies

• sherwinvegan
    Options
    chicken has hormones and lots of other chemicals that add to your weight same with everything else on the market, so unless you plant your own food no matter how good you watch calories you cant lose a lot of weight due to the hormones effecting your metabolism and making us bigger.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    chicken has hormones and lots of other chemicals that add to your weight same with everything else on the market, so unless you plant your own food no matter how good you watch calories you cant lose a lot of weight due to the hormones effecting your metabolism and making us bigger.

What? I've lost almost 60 pounds eating everything with chemicals and hormones.

OP, I'll repeat, what are your stats and can you open your diary?
  • annahouseknecht
    annahouseknecht Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    PokeyBug wrote: »
    Did you post a current pic, or is that an old one of the you that you want to get back to being? I ask, because if that's the current you, and you want to lose 24 more pounds, I've got to tell you, I don't think your goal is a healthy one. If you already look like that, you already look thin and healthy to me.

I don't think 130 is unhealthy at all
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Did you post a current pic, or is that an old one of the you that you want to get back to being? I ask, because if that's the current you, and you want to lose 24 more pounds, I've got to tell you, I don't think your goal is a healthy one. If you already look like that, you already look thin and healthy to me.

No it isn't, but it also depends on your height, and some other stats as well. Weight isn't the only thing that makes you a healthy person. Not trying to offend you, just trying to help. Like I said before I think you look good just the way you are...in my opinion.
  • annahouseknecht
    Options
    minionman wrote: »

No it isn't, but it also depends on your height, and some other stats as well. Weight isn't the only thing that makes you a healthy person. Not trying to offend you, just trying to help. Like I said before I think you look good just the way you are...in my opinion.

You haven't looked under my shirt
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So much misinformation here in this thread... O.o

There's nothing wrong with carbs or sodium or hormones or chemicals or......... Whatever. Weight loss is all about calories in vs calories out.

One reason you most likely gained after that strange diet you did with your church is that you probably lost a lot of water weight during it, along with having less glycogen and body waste retained in your body. (Less food generally equals less waste, depending on how little your were eating)

As you went back to more regular eating, all of those things increased, hence possibly increasing your weight.

However, I suspect that you're not losing weight because you're simply not in a calorie deficit. You keep insisting that you're eating all "healthy" or "good" foods, but healthy doesn't mean low calorie. If you're not weighing your solids and measuring your liquids, you're most likely eating a lot more than you think you are.

All the best!

Editing to add... One more thing: The less you need to lose overall, the slower it comes off, generally. If you have a smaller calorie deficit (half a pound a week or less), you have much less margin of error for logging inefficiency.
  • annahouseknecht
    Options

You haven't looked under my shirt I am pretty average I would say and I know for a fact that my body has plenty of fattening spots that wouldn't be hurt to loose a couple of inches and pounds! I am not offended at all I feel flattered by everyone thinking I'm good and there isn't a need for me to loose any weight

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem, been counting my calorie intake on a daily basis for the past month.I do Zumba 3 tree times a week and I have an eighth year old that keeps me active.My goal is to lose 10 pounds,so far I have only lost 3,what am I doing wrong??? Please advise

3lbs in a month is a good loss, especially for someone with only 10lbs to lose. The less you have to lose, the slower it will come off. You didn't gain those 10lbs in a month so it's not going to come off in a month. Patience, young grasshopper.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Are you using a digital food scale and entering food weight in grams?
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The same thing was happening to me. I thought I was staying within my caloric boundaries, but in reality, I wasn't. Last month I was watching tv and heard a woman say "your body is a reflection of your lifestyle". I took that in real deeply. Since then, I've lost 13 lbs.
    Although I was positive that I was doing it right, I clearly was not. The biggest changes that I made were controlling my portion sizes and ditching the car/walked and walked and walked...and bused. Hope this helps!
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options

You haven't looked under my shirt

No but I would like too! ;)