Pancake day

Options
So pancake day soon whats a good healthy side to have with them?? I normally have gravy or lemon juice and loads of sugar lol so need some healthy ideas x

Replies

• Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love berries with pancakes :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Bananas
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Fruit
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    bacon

and real maple syrup. not that aunt jemima crap.

oooh, healthy? yeah, i got nothing.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Applesauce with cinnamon!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Fruit and/or honey is good. Real maple syrup also. I mostly only do blueberries with nothing else when I make french toast (not really into pancakes)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Lemon and sugar, maple syrup, Nutella, bacon.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm confused because the traditional pancake day was February 17 this year.

But anyway, with pancakes I typically use nutella or maple syrup, sometimes jam. With crepes it's nutella, whipped cream, caramel or jam if sweet, if savory typically ham and swiss, or smoked salmon and garlic and herbs boursin/alouette.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

But anyway, with pancakes I typically use nutella or maple syrup, sometimes jam. With crepes it's nutella, whipped cream, caramel or jam if sweet, if savory typically ham and swiss, or smoked salmon and garlic and herbs boursin/alouette.

what do you mean by "was february 17"? it's only february 14, so her "soon" is accurate. it hasn't happened yet.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Apple butter and nuts. Pumpkin butter, nuts and cinnamon. Banana and nuts. It tastes better not drowned in syrup.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Also nut butter and fruit.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the lemon juice and sugar mentioned in the OP. Gotta try that!

55835802.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

what do you mean by "was february 17"? it's only february 14, so her "soon" is accurate. it hasn't happened yet.

Haha... Doh. i'm confused. Don't mind me... Will be making some on February 17 :D
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You could take about half a carton of strawberries, dice them up, and then sprinkle them with one spoonful of granulated sugar. Mix it well, and let it sit on your countertop at room temperature for a while. It will form a syrup, and you can top your pancakes with the syrup/strawberry mixture. It's still sweet, but doesn't use too much sugar!

I also like fruit salad, or bacon as my go to side with pancakes.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Fruit, and mix REAL maple syrup with plain greek yogurt.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    pancake day is not on a convenient day. i tend to only make things like pancakes on the weekends when i have time for breakfast.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Gravy with pancakes? That's a new one to me.

I like a little of my mom's homemade fruit preserves on mine. I've sometimes used peanut butter instead of butter. Not sure if peanut butter and jelly pancakes are healthy or not, but they taste good. Not that it matters for the purposes of this thread, but I'd take waffles over pancakes if I had a choice. I love the crispness of them and they seem to need fewer "toppings."
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Cranberry compote
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Dulce de leche, banana, and a sprinkle of coconut. So delicious.
  • MezaEza
    MezaEza Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My mum normally makes banana and blueberry pancakes and I smother them in Nutella, not the healthiest topping but it tastes so good! <3