CJohn364 (call me Carl) Intro

Options
Hello all;
My name is Carl and I'm soon to be 43 years old. I'm active military, but may be making a career change within the next year. I'm familiar with diet and exercise as I've had to maintain my body within specified regulations. However, after having had back surgery to fuse a couple vertebrae, my lifestyle is not as active as it once was and I'm starting to "slip" with my weight. I've done the calorie counting thing before and got results, but never stuck with it. I've heard good things and read good reviews regarding the MFP app/site and thought I'd give it another go. My current job has me at a desk most of the time, but I am going to try to get 30 minutes of daily exercise, even if it's just walking, to put myself in the lightly active category. I recently ordered a Nutribullet so I can try the "juicing" bit in my daily diet. I've read some of the success stories in the forums and I'm hoping to find the inspiration to stick with it and set an example for my family. Thank you in advance.