Four years ago / gestational diabetes/ Expecting baby #4

Options
Four years ago I was pregnant with my daughter Emily . Looking back at my old pregnancy photos I couldn't believe my eyes how unhealthy I was for making poor decision. By 4 1/2 months I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was told my daughter would be under stressed due to poor eating . I was having to poke my finger four times and day ( NOT how I want this pregnancy to be ) . This would cause me to pass out and sleep for hours at a time and NOT only was I harming myself but I causing major damage to daughter development causing her heart rate to slow down and slowly putting her to sleep for hours at a time as well.

I have to say that I am proud of myself for making a huge change in my life. I want to tell my mom thank you as well for always being on top of my health and my dad who struggling with diabetes. I love you dad.

Ladies if you are pregnant please make a change in your lifestyle this is something you don't want to deal with during your pregnancy . And having left over fat after the baby is not healthy . You will be left with so much fat hanging on your body that will make it 10 x's harder for you to lose .

I hope this inspires you and touches your heart .

Please feel free to add me to my fitness pal and follow me through my pregnancy.

Thank you .

egsttrcevin8.jpg

Replies

• Alwayzbeenurz08
    Alwayzbeenurz08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had gestational diabetes my first pregnancy I'm now starting to think about having another little one and I have no idea how to start my life style changes. How did you start the changes?
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I had gestational diabetes with my first but not my second. My weight and eating habits were the same for both. The dr couldn't tell me why it was different with the second.
  • krystlepon
    krystlepon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    GD doesn't link with poor eating styles. It is more of issues with the placenta and insulin not working together like they should. I have seen perfectly healthy people get it. Being over weight does increase your chances of getting it but so does age and race.
  • valeriethefair
    valeriethefair Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    krystlepon wrote: »
    GD doesn't link with poor eating styles. It is more of issues with the placenta and insulin not working together like they should. I have seen perfectly healthy people get it. Being over weight does increase your chances of getting it but so does age and race.

Yes. There are a number of factors also including previous unexplained miscarriage and any family history. Take care of your body, yes, of course, but with sluggish organs thanks to changing hormones and weight, a diagnosis of GD is likely beyond your control.