Need advice

Options
I've had a bad few weeks- 2 colds, TOM, so my exercise has been sporadic; more snowshoeing than serious planned workout. If you look at my food diary though, I've stayed on track. I don't care much about the daily cal count, I pay attention to weekly. Every week I have been at or slightly below my cal counts. So why have I gained 1.5 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks? I should have dropped 2 pounds (1 pound a week loss is my setting). So I'm essentially 4 pounds over where I should be. HELP!!!

To answer the weighing questions that are inevitable- I cook all my food about 99% of the time. So when I create a dish, I figure out cal count and then divide by 4 to get my meal cal count. Yes- this week was an exception- I was so sick, that I had 3 meals prepared by restaurants, so I had to takemy best guess at the cal counts for those - the meals were the lamb and tuna yesterday, and the hamburger on Wed.

I'm in this for the long haul- this is a lifestyle change not a diet, so I not freaking out. I just want to get backs track and was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out what's happening. I haven't changed anything I'm doing,or the way I'm doing it,other than the exercise. Everything I do with food is the same.

Thanks

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Menstruation
    Ovulation
    Sodium
    are common "culprits"

Keep an eye on things. I bet the scale goes down with a woosh in a few days. Weight loss is never linear.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    TOM is way over; I lost 5 pounds that I gained during TOM, but I'm now back up 2 pounds...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You are in it for long haul, that is good. Restaurant food can have a lot of sodium sometimes. So I say sodium. Patience is key. Like Sabine says expect a WHOOSH :)
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll try to believe its sodium. It's alarming :(
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »
    TOM is way over; I lost 5 pounds that I gained during TOM, but I'm now back up 2 pounds...

Ovulation?
    Sodium?