Weekends make me hungry...no, its more like "hangry"!

Options
I do just fine with my hunger during the busy work week. Saturday comes and *BAMMMMM* I'm hangry. I know its because I have more free time & I'm out of my routine, but that doesn't make it any easier. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    A weekend fitness hobby might kill two birds with one stone.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I get this, too. Can't wait until I can go on long weekend bike rides. (For now I'm totally snowed in, which makes me even hungrier.)
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm snowed in, too! Cannot wait until the snow is cleared from the streets...probably Mid-March :( once the weather breaks I start the weekend with a long jog/walk. I live on Lake Erie so the view is amazing. I sooooo miss it!
  • jenny_davis18
    Options
    I have the same problem all I can think of is food and more food on the weekend!! :(
  • Jolinia
    Options
    I may be snowed in later this week. I'm refusing to buy alcohol (even though I'd love a warm winter drink, I don't want the alcohol munchies) and I'm not buying anything snacky. If it's not in the house, I'll have to walk through snow and ice to get it!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Oh I will indulge in a glass...or three...of robust red wine tonight. I'm lucky...wine doesnt make me munch, but keep me away from beer or I'll clean out the kitchen lol
  • Jolinia
    Options
    I actually went back on that. Got red wine (liquor is more dangerous for me as far as the munchies and I don't like the feeling when I'm in ketosis anyway). I'm okay. I want to get into some chocolate, but I know I'm not going to. I have a nice happy buzz that went great with some cheese and some Valentine's Day blues.

My liver will just have to deal.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I do better on the weekends than I do on the week days. I'm always alone during the week so I get bored a lot and I snack a lot lol
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I'm actually ok during the weekend. Except UFC Fight Nights, I eat and drink like crazy!
  • Spocky
    Spocky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Same here because at the workplace I have limited access to food but it is different at home. And it is also hard because weekend is the only time I can eat home-cooked meals. Well when you eat something wait about 2 hours before you eat again and drink a strong coffee because that takes away your hunger for a while too. Maybe doing a timetable for meals is a good idea too.