Clothing Without Commitment

Options
JacquiH73
JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone tried any of the online clothing rental services like Gwynnie Bee?

My friend sold me on Gwynnie Bee with the whole "you'll never get seen in the same look twice" because I tend to go out to social events a lot but now that my goal is to go from 190lb to 115lb by the end of 2015, online clothing rental has taken on a whole new meaning. Because who wants to commit to buying new clothes when you are losing weight?

Every time I drop a size I'm going to need new clothes but I'm not going to want to spend a lot or commit to them because I plan on dropping about 5 dress sizes before I'm where I want to be.

How Gwynnie Bee works is I select how many garments I want to rent at once. I'm currently on 2 outfits. Then I create an online closet of clothing I would like to try from their catalog. Like an online DVD or video game rental they send me something out of my list. I keep and wear it as long as I'd like before returning it or I have the option of purchasing it. I return it for free in a bag they provide and I don't have to do any washing or dry cleaning.

Gwynnie Bee is clothing for US women size 10 to 32. I plan on going to a US 8 or 6 by the end and would like to know if anyone knows of any other online clothing rental businesses for more petite women?

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I like that idea a lot. I tend to use local thrift stores for the same purpose. I'm not buying, I'm leasing!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    like Rent-A-Swag??

http://www.rentaswag.com/

screen-shot-2013-11-14-at-12-13-34-pm.png?w=556&h=419
  • JacquiH73
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @‌Jolinia I do a lot of thrift store shopping too and that's probably where most of my jeans and slacks will come from but trying to find decent dresses, blouses and formal wear in a thrift store is really hit or miss, not to mention off trend or out of fashion.

Clothing rental unlike thrift stores help keep your look current.

@Capt_Apollo‌ Thanks for the link. It's good to see guys have the clothing without commitment option too!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    JacquiH73 wrote: »
    @‌Jolinia I do a lot of thrift store shopping too and that's probably where most of my jeans and slacks will come from but trying to find decent dresses, blouses and formal wear in a thrift store is really hit or miss, not to mention off trend or out of fashion.

Clothing rental unlike thrift stores help keep your look current.

@Capt_Apollo‌ Thanks for the link. It's good to see guys have the clothing without commitment option too!

I could see that, about looking current. Doesn't apply in my case, though. If I think something looks good on me and I like it, I don't care if it came straight out of the 1970's, I'm wearing it!
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

I could see that, about looking current. Doesn't apply in my case, though. If I think something looks good on me and I like it, I don't care if it came straight out of the 1970's, I'm wearing it![/quote]

+1 I really couldn't care less if what I'm wearing is "in style" or not. In fact I would rather wear something that ISN'T in style since I prefer to have my own look!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    OP, you don't watch Parks and Rec?

You better treat yo' self with a marathon.

l7rr02j9drfz.jpg
  • JacquiH73
    Options
    I wish I had that option. Even though Iove the Bohemian look I go to a lot of social events. It's important to look my best at times.

As far a establishing my own look with online clothing rental,my best friend and I are both on it and our wardrobes are completely different even though we are both have hourglass figures. But our skin tones and personal preferences give us entirely different closets.
  • JacquiH73
    Options
    @obscuremusicreference‌ Nope don't watch that show at all.