losing weight

Options
As anyone who has been following my messages know, I am not loosing weight at all. I spoke to a Naturopath in the health shop yesterday who reckons I might be eating too much fat. I eat three pieces of fruit a day.
Someone else considered that Nuts might be the culprit. I make Almond milk and have a few nuts for snacks, like Almonds and Walnuts.
Does anybody know for certain? Am I doing it wrong? And which one should I cut out?

Replies

• gracegirly15
    Options
    I meant fruit, too much fruit
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It depends. If your fruit is sending you over your calorie goal, then you may be eating too much. If you're in a deficit then all is good. It doesn't particularly matter what foods you eat, it matters how many calories you're eating
  • gracegirly15
    Options
    Ok, so I thought I should cut out fruit in the late afternoon, and only have two helpings. As for the nuts, I think I shall try without for a while to see although it is hard to give them up completely.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Ok, so I thought I should cut out fruit in the late afternoon, and only have two helpings. As for the nuts, I think I shall try without for a while to see although it is hard to give them up completely.

You don't have to give anything up. Just eat less
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Not hard really not losing weight eat less calories, where you cut them is up to you
  • gracegirly15
    Options
    I tried that but it never worked, and I keep getting notices in red telling me to eat more
  • gracegirly15
    Options
    Check my chart, I guess I do get a bit lazy with the exercise but I try each day.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I tried that but it never worked, and I keep getting notices in red telling me to eat more

Are you weighing and measuring everything correctly and logging it all?? This is usually the first step to work on when you're not losing.

• gracegirly15
    Options
    My inches have gone down, I know that by my clothes but the scales remain the same. Every little thing is logged even the short walks.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Check my chart, I guess I do get a bit lazy with the exercise but I try each day.

I don't exercise at all. But I've lost 24lbs in 4mths. Simply eating in a deficit

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I think your problem lies with your food diary. You have quite a few entries with 0 calories or 1 or 2 calories, and some of the measurements seem to be off - 1g of carrots? That's less than one baby carrot. I think the issue is with the entries you are selecting in your diary, which means that you are eating more than you think.
  • gracegirly15
    Options
    What happened to me, was that when I went to my daughter's at Christmas, I found she was on the Michele Bridges diet. While i was there I ate the same as her and went walking up hills each day. I lost seven kilos.
    When I came home I continued the exercise and went onto this site. I weigh about the same as when I came back a month ago.
  • gracegirly15
    Options
    Ok I will look into it, thanks. Now I am going for a walk. Have a great day
  • shaleeny88
    Options
    Nuts are healthy but you'll find that a handful has 500 calories as they're very fatty. so if you eat a whole pack you'll likely go over your calorie goal from nuts alone.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Your logging shows some issues. 1 gram of yogurt? 3ml? 10g of cereal?

Is that really what you're putting in your mouth? I'd bet you're eating more than you're logging based on looking at only the past two days. Weigh everything. Be honest in your logging. Start there.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I think your problem lies with your food diary. You have quite a few entries with 0 calories or 1 or 2 calories, and some of the measurements seem to be off - 1g of carrots? That's less than one baby carrot. I think the issue is with the entries you are selecting in your diary, which means that you are eating more than you think.

I was going to say your diary looked good but read this and took another look. Definitely agree you are not entering the food right. 5ml's of almond milk so you are drinking out of an eye dropper? Need to start weighing/measuring
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Your food diary looks wrong. 1g of beetroot or peas is a crumb's worth of both items. Do you weigh your food, or eyeball it?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    1 gram of carrots????? and some other fruit and veggies 1 or 2 gram that is tiny tiny tiny pieces

and like avocado you better weigh them they are calorie hogs...but healthy one avocado can easily be 300 calories
    than 1/16 slice of water melon etc etc

You have to weigh your food correctly.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Its CICO. Your logging is off. Weigh and measure everything.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

oops wrong hehehe