Trying to maintain weight

hey guys.

I don't have a great appetite... How many calories do you's tend to eat to maintain? Is this with or without exercise?

Replies

• My understanding is that it is between 2000 -2400 calories a day dependent on the person
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    It depends on height, weight, age and activity - personally I maintain on 2200 cals (still upping each month til I find my absolute maintenance amount) I'm 45 and active despite having a desk job.

How come you don't have much appetite?
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    It depends on height, weight, age and activity - personally I maintain on 2200 cals (still upping each month til I find my absolute maintenance amount) I'm 45 and active despite having a desk job. How come you don't have much appetite?

Exactly...my numbers (based on 3-4 calculators) range between 2400-2500 for maintenance; I only hit goal a week ago, so I am still way below that number. I will slowly increase as I progress through maintenance and monitor. Last thing I plan to do is open up the flood gates after working so long / hard to get here.

73641431.png
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Based on the MFP calculators, I net 1740 calories. I eat a few hundred more on that, depending on how much I exercise.