How I lost 21 pounds!

2»

Replies

• TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    pjischaos wrote: »
    "The scale is only one indication of weight loss . There are so many other ways like simply feeling better!" ~ kimbelle_vie

This right here is what I have to tell myself everyday! 6 months ago, I started dabbling with the treadmill and Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Hubby was no support, whatsoever, even discouraged me at every opportunity. Then he suddenly decided HE needed to lose 50 lbs. I thought, "awesome! We can do this together.".
    Not exactly, it turns out. I have severe case of laziness and little willpower, I freely admit it. He has stuck with it and lost a bit over 30 of those lbs, looks great and I really am proud of him for it. Now though, I am back into the treadmill and paying more attention to what I eat. I have been for a solid 2+ wks now and am comfortable with that. He is so not, he just keeps saying how I need to do twice as much work since I only walk 3mph during my 20-45min workouts and he runs 4.5mph for an hour. How I need to just eat once a day, like he does. Tons of little things like that. I'm not saying he's wrong, but I am not him! What works for him does not work for me. How does one handle this and keep on keepin on? I am fine with what I do, and I do feel better! Loads better actually as I know I am getting stronger and can endure more. I know when to push and when to stop for the day, it's my body right.

I love threads like this, these are the ones that keep me going thru it all. Thanks!!

Wow, nothing like having a supportive partner! pffft.

You could tell him that unless he has a degree in sports nutrition and exercise, he can keep his opinions to himself. Eating once a day? That's crazy. Perhaps you can tell him that a HIIT workout for 30mins is far more effective for weight loss than one hour running on a treadmill.

In all seriousness though, I think the best thing is to have a really supportive group of friends around you, people with similar goals as you. That's what is so great about MFP. If your partner doesn't offer you the support you need, find it elsewhere.

"Do your best and forget the rest" - Tony Horton
  • juliekathleen135
    juliekathleen135 Posts: 11 Member
    You just reminded me how I lost the weight the first time around. I never expected to put a lot of it back on, but I have, and now it is time to release it. Agree, diets don't work, lifestyle change does!!! I like the list--something tangible you can keep in your pocket (or on your phone) to remind you of what you are doing. I'm going to do the same!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!