looking for low cal snacks

Options
What does everyone eat for snacks any low calorie snack ideals

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn, raw veggies. Two squares of my favorite dark chocolate.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Fruit, yoghurt, cereal bars.
  • shaleeny88
    Options
    I tend to go for yoghurt and if I feel like chewing i go for "weight watchers" snacks like their carrot cake as I love carrot cake.

I also keep different types of fruit in the house. My fruit bowl currently has bananas, plums, grapes & apples
  • Missbodyrocker
    Options
    I have a massive bowl of sugar free jelly and muller light yoghurt. I always keep jelly in the fridge. It's really filling and very low in calories.
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Flumps! 30 cals and I love them. I also like pom bears (90 cal) and greek yoghurt.
  • 2lhasas
    2lhasas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like a little protein with a snack as it avoids spiking blood sugar. Hummus with cucumbers, nut butter with apple or carrot (measure that nut butter though!), hard boiled egg. Of course, having fruit and veg on hand is always good. Kale chips, zucchini chips, baked chick peas - lost of good recipes on pinterest.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I really like those mini sweet peppers dipped in hummus. A hard boiled egg is another favorite.
  • minipony
    minipony Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I actually love sushi paper. I used to eat the seasoned ones but looked at the ratio of fat to cals. At only 25 cals per package, 2.5 grams of fat seems high. I looked at the ingredients and its made with about 4 different oils. So I learned to just like plain old crunchy sea weed ha ha.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    fatboyliz wrote: »
    Flumps! 30 cals and I love them. I also like pom bears (90 cal) and greek yoghurt.

what is a flump and a pom bear?
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    spookyface wrote: »

what is a flump and a pom bear?
    Flump is a marshmallow and Pom bears are a type of crisp/chip
    Both amazing I love snacking on sliced meats and veg and hummus! Eating sweet things just makes me want to eat more haha
  • dogsarebears
    dogsarebears Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I second whoever suggested having some protein in your snack: Hummus with veggies, light string cheese, or almonds are all good.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Roasted garbanzo beans (chick peas). Drain and rinse well a can of garbanzos. Strip off the skin to prevent oven explosions. Pat them dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with about 1 to two tablespoons of olive oil. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with your favorite spice (celery seeds, chili powder, lemon pepper, Old Bay, etc). 110 calories and 6 grams of protein per half cup. Most cans say 6 grams of fiber per half cup, but I don't know how much is left when the skins are removed. Very tasty! Garbanzos are too pasty for me straight from the can, but these are really good. Sort of like Corn Nuts without all the salt.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies dipped in mustard. Hard boiled or scrambled egg whites (I can only eat the yolk runny, lol). Rice thins (18 "crackers" for 130 calories). Turkey jerkey
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, laughing cow cheese or PB2 spread on arnolds light bread (2 slices for 80 calories) or rice cakes, a couple ounces of turkey, dark chocolate.
  • terridennis914
    terridennis914 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries!!
  • felicityangie
    felicityangie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try the fiber one brownie bars. The lemon is the best. So good. They have 90 calories and only 17 carbs.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yeah those are good a lot of carbs I try to meet my goal on here for all the nutrition section but starting to just follow the calorie alotteed instead cus seems impossible to meet all the goals in nutrition section
  • cruzmom123
    cruzmom123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Quaker apple cinnamon rice cakes. 50 calories per rice cake.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love those Greek yogurt 100's (Chiobani and Yoplait both do them).
    I also really like to have protein cheesecakes in the fridge. (100 kcals per serving depending on the brands of ingredients you buy.)

http://proteinpow.com/category/food-category/protein-cheesecakes