Looking for friends to help...

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and want to start eating properly. I have been eating 1000 calories a day and under, and would like to change my habits and my approach to weight loss. (I have 40 lbs. to lose).

This is going to be a challenge, I know. Bad thought habits are engrained, and it will be difficult to eat the full calorie amount I'm supposed to.

My dairy is open, and I'm looking for friends who will be supportive and help me strive toward this goal, help me stay accountable. Are there folks who would be willing to be my friends?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Okay first off, you need to eat at least 1200 calories a day, plus you will earn more through exercise. It's important to make sure you get all of your nutrients. You want to set yourself up for success. Eat at a deficit, move more and you'll lose weight. Go get it!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Okay first off, you need to eat at least 1200 calories a day, plus you will earn more through exercise. It's important to make sure you get all of your nutrients. You want to set yourself up for success. Eat at a deficit, move more and you'll lose weight. Go get it!

yup. waht you eat doesn't matter, only how much you eat. So eat everything you love, and eat a varied diet to make sure you get in some good nutrition.
  • alskarani
    Options
    Any more friends?
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Take a good vitamin.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    FYI, the op has already adjusted her account yesterday to eat 1590 cals per day, in case anyone read this post and was thinking she needs support eating 1000 cals per day. Just wanted to clarify!
  • alskarani
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification, JaneiR36!

Yes, I'm trying to eat a higher goal of 1590!