Weight Training Program Help

Options
Hey guys,

I was wondering what type of weight training I should be getting into if I want to lose weight?

I started my weight-loss journey about a month and some change ago and I've seen good results. I started out at 280 pounds and on my last weigh in was I was 262, but still have a LONG way to go. However, now that i've seen that I could actually lose the weight, I wanted to get serious about getting fit/strong as well. I've only be eating at a deficit and doing a little bit of cardio here in there so far.

So any suggestions? I was looking into Ice Cream Fitness which seems easy enough to follow. I'm a pretty short dude at 5'7 if that helps. Thanks!

Replies

• roldanis
    roldanis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ICF is a good program. Running a program like this while on a "cut" will slow your strength gains, but it will really boost your weight loss. Main thing to remember is to get enough protein to minimize muscle loss while losing weight.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Are you going to a gym with a full range of equipment? How much time do you have for the workouts?

Most people will suggest starting strength or strong lifts, and with good reason, but as long as you are working your full body 2+ days per week, you're probably fine. Throw in a little stretching/mobility work and you're good to go.

If you plan to keep your cardio, make sure the the routine you choose works well ("allows for") it.
  • SKEEdun
    SKEEdun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Are you going to a gym with a full range of equipment? How much time do you have for the workouts?

Most people will suggest starting strength or strong lifts, and with good reason, but as long as you are working your full body 2+ days per week, you're probably fine. Throw in a little stretching/mobility work and you're good to go.

If you plan to keep your cardio, make sure the the routine you choose works well ("allows for") it.

Thanks for the help. Yes I go to a gym with a full range equipment and I have at least three hours everyday between work and school. So would ICF be a good starting point?