cravings!

Options
I crave sugar, when I feel hungry my mind goes to something sweet, WHY!?

Replies

• edruddick
    edruddick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sugar is addictive as cocaine. Just decide if you nutritionally need it or not is what some books say. I'm still trying to get over the sugar craves myself
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Maybe have something sweet?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have some type of treat daily, therefore never miss them.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    edruddick wrote: »
    Sugar is addictive as cocaine. Just decide if you nutritionally need it or not is what some books say. I'm still trying to get over the sugar craves myself

No
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I crave sweets. It's real. It's not my imagination. I either have something small daily like Liftng4Lis said so you don't miss it. I have also found frozen grapes to be very satisfying.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Here is an interesting article I found.
    http://wrvo.org/post/how-sugar-impacts-brain-and-body
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @LeenaGee -- very interesting article indeed. Thanks for sharing.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Yeah, no.

OP, are you getting enough protein and fat? Both of these macronutrients are very sating. It might help if you plan your day with protein-packed meals and snacks so that you don't get hungry... sort of head off craving before it happens. Allow yourself a small treat, and look forward to it. A few squares of dark chocolate aren't that many calories and pack a big flavor punch. Savor them.

• olygirl197630
    olygirl197630 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Maybe have something sweet?
    Lol, it's all I would eat
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Because sugar is like crack!
  • olygirl197630
    Options

Yeah, no.

OP, are you getting enough protein and fat? Both of these macronutrients are very sating. It might help if you plan your day with protein-packed meals and snacks so that you don't get hungry... sort of head off craving before it happens. Allow yourself a small treat, and look forward to it. A few squares of dark chocolate aren't that many calories and pack a big flavor punch. Savor them.

I eat high protein, low fat without a problem. I don't eat out ever, I eat 3 meals 2 snacks bit the snacks aren't sweet, usually baby cucumbers or snap peas, maybe I should throw in a dark chocolate or something
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options

What a ridiculous thing to say.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Yeah, no.

I eat high protein, low fat without a problem. I don't eat out ever, I eat 3 meals 2 snacks bit the snacks aren't sweet, usually baby cucumbers or snap peas, maybe I should throw in a dark chocolate or something

I used to eat what I personally felt was too much sugar. I went through a phase where I cut it out completely before reintroducing it. I found that, when I craved it, eating something fatty helped nip the craving in the bud. Can you switch out your snacks for a small bit of sharp cheese or a bit of nut butter? That might help you recalibrate your taste buds a bit so that you're not always wanting something sweet every time you're hungry.

• olygirl197630
    Options

Yeah, no.

I used to eat what I personally felt was too much sugar. I went through a phase where I cut it out completely before reintroducing it. I found that, when I craved it, eating something fatty helped nip the craving in the bud. Can you switch out your snacks for a small bit of sharp cheese or a bit of nut butter? That might help you recalibrate your taste buds a bit so that you're not always wanting something sweet every time you're hungry.

I'm going to switch my snacks for sure, I'm having a little bit of banana today to see if it helps! Thank you
  • olygirl197630
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

What a ridiculous thing to say.

• olygirl197630
    Options
    I agree it's addictive! Just like I think soda is to!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options

Addictive as cocaine. A highly addictive drug. Alright then.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

lol no ….
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

It's not addictive, you just really, really like it. It's possible to consume it in moderation and have taste buds that don't always want it all the time. I promise.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

call me when you dig a half drank can of soda out of the trash and drink it….< then you might be addicted to soda…

OR

when you blow your life savings on soda...