More reasons why

Options
More reasons why I use MFP, why I take the extra time to record everything I eat, keep my commitment to go to the Y each day for my 2 hour workout than to have a healthy life and lose weight. I served our beloved America 2 years active duty in Army at beginning of Vietnam war but went to Germany instead and was there when President Kennedy was killed. We went on alert and was close to an all out war. My squad serviced and maintained 2 nuclear warheads that sat atop the Redstone missle. I finished my 2 years active duty in February 1965 when Vietnam was heating up and some troopers where having their stay extended to go to Vietnam. I had 4 years inactive reserve until I received my honorable discharge in 1969. I love the military especially the Army even though there were times, especially in basic training that I hated it. But I am glad I had the opportunity to serve.
I want to lose enough weight by Memorial Day so I could fit in my Army uniform. Our church recognizes on that Sunday those who have served or service present time and I want to wear my uniform. Why? Not to point to myself but because in this way I hope to support our military today. Too many times our military take a lot of cheap shots and some Americans forget it is the military that keeps our America free. I wish the Dept of Defense would allow veterans at any age, who can pass the required physical exam and fitness test to return to active duty. We could free up many young troopers to go to the front lines while older vets could fill non-combat roles. I would return in a heart beat and even volunteer for combat duty....would have to learn all the new high tech weapons...my very reliable M1 did the job for me except it only has 8 shots in a clip but never jammed.

Replies

• zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I happened across this looking for something totally different. It was amazing to read. Thank you for your service, and I wish you all the best with your weight loss journey. God bless :-)