Meal Planning

Hey Everybody!

I have been dieting and exercising for 2 months now, on and off for years before that. One thing I have never been able to do is find an efficient way to meal plan. Currently, I have lists/sticky notes open on my computer and phone and I first pick my meals, then I create a shopping list, and finally I add it to my food diary on MFP. My problems now are switching through list after list, and not having a way to organize/save them so I can reference them on weeks where I have no inspiration. I cook B/L/D on 6 days a week and find myself getting less and less motivation to start this process every week. Anybody have any better ideas on how I could meal plan and stay organized??

Thanks for the help!! :)

Replies

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    I don't use a meal planning program, but I have heard that Plan to Eat is a great site.

Here's the link... http://www.plantoeat.com/
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    My husband and I have a google doc folder with all of our recipes saved there. It is also helpful while cooking/shopping, since we can just check a recipe with our phone or tablet. We also use a shared google calendar for meal planning purposes.

I keep a pinterest board for recipes and if I'm out of inspiration for the week, I'll search through there and pick something that sounds good. I paste the url of the recipe into the description of the meal plan calendar event so that I can find it quickly.
  • hungry4pies
    hungry4pies Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2015
    spoonacular is similar to PTE, but it's free and includes nutritional information for every recipe :) you can create meal plans, save them, and use them for future weeks. Hope this helps! spoonacular.com
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Simplify. It is o.k. to eat the same food each week.
    Have your foods on a seven day rotation.
  • mdalton802
    mdalton802 Posts: 13 Member
    spoonacular is similar to PTE, but it's free and includes nutritional information for every recipe :) you can create meal plans, save them, and use them for future weeks. Hope this helps! spoonacular.com

Loooooove this!!! Thank you!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited July 2015
    I created a instagram account for myself and I snap pictures of my meals. This way, if I'm out of ideas, I can go back and look through the pictures. Most of which will have entries in your diary that you can copy from that date to you the day you want to make it. Other than that, you could keep a calendar of meals to look through. I find it's hard for me to input into my phone or computer sometimes.