What to do when you miss your target?

so I have been overeating a LOT recently due to emotional reasons or just plain boredom and it is putting a wedge in my weight lot efforts! I know that after a binge you're supposed to forgive yourself and move on but I need to get a bit harder! Is there any penalty that I can put in place? Like no internet or whatever? All advice welcome! :)

Replies

• itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Nah, don't try any negative reinforcement with yourself. You can either just call it what it is, try to mitigate the damage over the next few days by eating a bit less, or just up your activity until it evens out.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Negative reinforcement is perhaps not a good idea. Especially don't use exercise as negative reinforcement - you want to teach yourself it's a good thing. I do however use exercise as damage limitation in these circumstances because it assuages the guilt of overeating :smile:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    You have a ticker that says you have eight pounds to lose. What do you consider overeating by "a lot"? What is your daily caloric goal? What is your weekly loss setting?
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    so I have been overeating a LOT recently due to emotional reasons or just plain boredom and it is putting a wedge in my weight lot efforts! I know that after a binge you're supposed to forgive yourself and move on but I need to get a bit harder! Is there any penalty that I can put in place? Like no internet or whatever? All advice welcome! :)

40 lashes anytime you overeat. Also make yourself administer them, so that way you're working on your flexibility at the same time. Win-win.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member

Are you working to find other methods to deal with your emotions or boredom?
    Punishment or forgiveness isn't going to change anything if you don't have have other strategies in place to replace the emotional/boredom eating.

Exercise is good for stress management. :)
    Draw/paint/sculpt, write, sing, tear paper, soak in the tub, meditate, talk to someone about your feelings. Distract yourself with a different activity or change your environment. Get a hobby.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    This question, along with your username, worries me.