How to fit exercise with kids diring this half term..?

Options
my best idea is to take them to the cinema and then escape for an hour long run and come back before the end of the movie.... Obviously i wont do that!! I dont know what to do then...
My gym membership is off peak only so cant go in the evening...

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    How old are they?

Exercise together. Walk, dance, play a very active game together.
    Set a timer for 30 minutes. Give them something to do and tell them to leave you alone until the timer goes off. Do an exercise video (lots of free ones on you tube). You could get a new toy or video that they can only use during your exercise time.
    Exercise before they wake up or after they go to bed.
    Get a babysitter.
  • Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Early bedtimes for my kids. That is usually when I work out. Or during tier naps but that would depend on the ages of ur kids (my three are under 5)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Get someone to look after them if you can. That is they only way I can do it.
    Mine won't sit there & amuse themselves, toys, iPads, fave tv shows etc, won't keep them still. If they know I'm in my home gym - they are like moths to a flame. Mine are 4 & 2, so still very needy & high maintenance :s

- Good luck finding a solution that works for you :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    teenage sitter-or even an 11 year old to watch them while you exercise T HOME-OR TO WATCH THEM (IF SITTER IS 13) IN THE CINEMAS?
    OR SWAP OUT WITH ANOTHER PARENT.

sorry about the capitals. It locked on me.