Ugh Co-workers

Options
Sorry, but I need to vent.

Co-worker 1 is doing a diet where she eats about 700 calories a day, three days a week, rest of the week eats whatever she wants, oh and takes "fat burning" pills.

Co-worker 2 eats only 400 calories a day for two weeks, then eats whatever she wants for six weeks.

Both of them are convinced that their diet would be good for me to do, ignoring the fact that of the three of us, I've had the best results by simply following MFP and eating at a healthy level.

They spend days at a time complaining about how hungry they are, lack of energy etc, yet I'm apparently the one "doing it wrong".

I've always adopted a "to each their own" philosophy, I'm not going to criticise them or their diets (to their faces), but I wish they'd leave me the hell alone!

Funnily, almost all of our other co-workers are mega fit (iron men, marathons, semi-pro cyclists etc) and they think I'm doing fantastic, but these two just can't accept that.

</rant> carry on with your days :smile:

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Next time they try to tell you their way is better, ask them if they're looking forward to eating that way for the rest of their lives. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Their diets sound crazy and make no sense at all. Must be frustrating to you to listen to them all the time. I have the opposite problem. There is free food everywhere all the time. The "snack" table is right outside my cube. All day, every day, free cookies, chips, etc.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Kinda sounds like an attempt to sabotage the results you are getting by encouraging you to try something else. Keep up your good work and tell them thanks, but no thanks.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Shouldn't you just be happy about it in a schadenfreude kinda way?

this
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The first sounds like 4:3, an off shoot of the 5:2 fasting diet (you eat 500cals on fasting days and maintenance on the other 5 days).

Personally, I like 5:2...and its ends up being tdee-25 each week....not so crazy.

Maintenance is 6:1....one 500cal fast day each week, then eat whatever you want the other 6
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Unless they are your bosses, ignore them and stick with what works.
  • beets4us
    beets4us Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's super annoying. If I were you, I'd try to change the subject when weight stuff came up. Better just to leave it alone if you can't agree. At any rate, you're doing things the right way and they'll be able to see that eventually just by looking at you :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Smile, nod your head and ignore them.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    Their diets sound crazy and make no sense at all. Must be frustrating to you to listen to them all the time. I have the opposite problem. There is free food everywhere all the time. The "snack" table is right outside my cube. All day, every day, free cookies, chips, etc.

That's my problem. Food everywhere all the time, lunch and dinner meetings, danishes and donuts in the morning... i try to plan and bring healthy alternatives but it's VERY difficult.

In the OP's case I would probably say "how much have u lost so far?... well I've lost X so I'm pretty happy with it"... u must work in a cubicle. Those are the worst lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have people who do that, I just say "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for if what I'm doing stops working" and leave it at that.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Where I work people bring in donuts, cookies, cake, donuts with bacon, muffins, etc. - almost daily. Some days it's really hard to resist, but I have to keep my eyes on the prize. And if I do slip up and eat a homemade chocolate chip cookie that is STILL WARM (this happened last Thursday)- I just log it and move on. It was really yummy.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I'd ask the other 'dieters" how is it going for you? What progress have they seen in the last 6 weeks? and then-I'd bring in donuts to the office-calcuating my calorie intake for that day to allow for one!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    If your complaining about being hungry all the time, lack of energy etc your probably doing something wrong.

I either ask them what they feel about doing what they are doing for the rest of their lives, or doing it for 2 months the putting the weight back in and redoing it all again.

Or just leave them to their own choices.