Could use some encouragement/motivation.

Options
fiona_414
fiona_414 Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys. This is my first ever forum post about anything but thought I'd try it out after reading a few other stories - it can't hurt right..

I'm 26 and weight just under 200lbs. I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. I've tried a few things in the past such as weight watchers (twice!!) While doing weight watchers I did lose weight but I have always put every pound back on - and then some.

I'm quite ashamed of how I look and just want to make some positive changes for my appearance but more so for my health. I could use all the help I can get.

I've only been watching what I eat for a week or so at this point. I've just tried to cut down on snack foods or replace them with healthier or low calorie alternatives. During the day I'm ok but I seem to get quite hungry at night which is my main downfall.

I would be very grateful for any encouragement or tips from people who are more advanced into their journey that I am. I'm just finding it quite hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now - it probably has to do with it being midnight andy prime snacking time!!

Sorry for the long winded post and thanks for taking the time to read it.

Fiona x

Replies

• fiona_414
    Options
    That was meant to say "and my prime snacking time" not "andy prime...."
  • amjj1983
    Options
    Absolutely feel your pain / know where you are at! I am not further along than you are so don't have many tips but just wanted to encourage you to keep going - sounds like you have the right attitude! So that is half the battle. :-) Hope you don't mind I have added you - I could use some encouragement too!X
  • fiona_414
    Options
    I don't mind at all hopefully we'll be able to help each other out.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You took a good first step. Have you calculated your deficit/daily allowance using this app and started tracking? Once you do, you'll have a better idea of how much you can eat to lose weight, and you can start placing your meals and snacks throughout the day at the times which will help keep your hunger at bay.

• fiona_414
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've logged what I've eaten for the past 2 days. I'm not sure about adding the exercise to it though. I finally made it out for a walk today.
  • arditarose
    Options
    fiona_414 wrote: »
    I've logged what I've eaten for the past 2 days. I'm not sure about adding the exercise to it though. I finally made it out for a walk today.

One step at a time. If you're truly sedentary and you set the app up that way, you can start logging some exercise. Food is the first and most important step. Make sure you are weighing everything on a food scale. Don't forget about oil when you're cooking, etc.
  • fiona_414
    Options
    I will - I'll admit I estimated my dinner on the first day as I didn't cook it but I'll definitely be keeping better track from now on. Thanks for your help.
  • arditarose
    Options
    fiona_414 wrote: »
    I will - I'll admit I estimated my dinner on the first day as I didn't cook it but I'll definitely be keeping better track from now on. Thanks for your help.

You'll run into that. As you get more accurate with preparing and logging your own foods, your estimates when you go out or eat something made by something else will be more accurate as well....Hopefully. That's the idea.
  • fiona_414
    Options
    Thank you for all of your tips I really appreciate any help I can get.