How bad is thai food?

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Jozzmenia wrote: »
    thank you for all the tips. If I had more time to cook at home I probably wouldn't be the size I am. Lol I know eating out is one of our biggest problems. I commute an hour and a half each way so that doesn't leave much time to cook during the day. I'm usually ready for dinner by the time I get off work and then I Drive an hour and a half so one of us picks something up. When I have time on Sundays I will cook a couple of meals for the week though. But it never would have crossed my mind to cook Thai food at home. It just seems like something you order out lol I feel like it won't taste the same but am willing to try it

I have a longish commute home too. An hour on public transportation. I never ever used to cook at home, because I was hungry right away and couldn't fuss with it. Now I have a later afternoon snack every day between 4:30 and 5:30, and I have my home cooked dinner down to a 10-15 minute science. Try cooking at home at least once a week this week, and see how it goes! (I used to hate when people told me to cook, sorry).
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Can you post some of things you are able to cook even with an hour commute each way? I'm very fortunate that DH cooks regularly during the week after work, but quick ideas are always helpful!
    arditarose wrote: »
    thank you for all the tips. If I had more time to cook at home I probably wouldn't be the size I am. Lol I know eating out is one of our biggest problems. I commute an hour and a half each way so that doesn't leave much time to cook during the day. I'm usually ready for dinner by the time I get off work and then I Drive an hour and a half so one of us picks something up. When I have time on Sundays I will cook a couple of meals for the week though. But it never would have crossed my mind to cook Thai food at home. It just seems like something you order out lol I feel like it won't taste the same but am willing to try it

I have a longish commute home too. An hour on public transportation. I never ever used to cook at home, because I was hungry right away and couldn't fuss with it. Now I have a later afternoon snack every day between 4:30 and 5:30, and I have my home cooked dinner down to a 10-15 minute science. Try cooking at home at least once a week this week, and see how it goes! (I used to hate when people told me to cook, sorry).

• Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Holla4mom wrote: »
    Can you post some of things you are able to cook even with an hour commute each way? I'm very fortunate that DH cooks regularly during the week after work, but quick ideas are always helpful!

I make what I consider to be healthy tacos... low carb whole wheat shells, spinach instead of lettuce, load in a ton of veggies with the meat. If I already have all the ingredients the only prep time is cooking the meat so like 15 minutes I'd say. Sometimes I do chili, which is good because it lasts a couple days. sometimes we'll throw some meat on the grill and I'll do frozen broccoli and microwave brown rice on the side. Sometimes I will get a rotisserie chicken so I just have to do some quick sides... Probably too much processed stuff half the time when I'm trying to be quick!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Holla4mom wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

I am not exciting. Every night I put zucchini, squash, onion, garlic, olive oil, maybe spinach in a pan. I add ground turkey with chipotle hot sauce. Takes 10 minutes. Sometimes I have pasta. It's more about timing everything. If I'm going to eat pasta, I want to get that water boiling and on the stove before I even start cutting up onion and garlic.