Advice.. please

Options
Ok about four months ago, i started to work out everyday. Recently (wed) i sprain my knee.. I can not do any exercise for three weeks but i am going nuts!! Anyone have some ideas on upper body i can do to work at least my core without putting pressure or strain on my knee?

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Have you tried yoga?
  • McNubblet
    McNubblet Posts: 4
    Options
    Like what type... I havent tried anything yet.. I never sprain or injured anything before and i dont want to make it worse. My leg is in an knee immobilizer....
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels says that punches (alternate r and l arms) works good to get your heart rate up, even if you are sitting down.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    how about yoga, or pilates with a balance ball? as far as cardio goes, you may be able to ride a stationary bike soon as that doesn't put body weight on your ankle. (you will have to use your ankle though of course.)
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Upper body boxing type of moves would be good. Variations on punches and combos as well as some upper body strength exercises should be good.

Also, could you swim or would that hurt too much?
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you have been doing to work your upper body to this point so its hard to say. If you have dumbells or barbells or kettlebells even, you can still do upper body workouts, your just not using your feet as your base anymore. You can do curls, tricep extensions, flys, presses all without using your knee. You can do pushups by crossing injured leg overtop of the non injured one. Really you need to see what kinds of positions you can get in without aggravating the injury. Depends on the equipment you have available to you really...