Date or Marry Outside Your Ethnicity

Options

Replies

• Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think I actually tend to date more outside of my ethnicity than within it, but I don't have much of a preference. Lifestyle/upbringing/morals/etc. factor in more for me, and those things transcend ethnicity. Besides, different cultures can definitely make things interesting! I'm an American of various European decent and my boyfriend is a South Korean citizen. And I totally intend to marry that man.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    "Date or Marry Outside Your Ethnicity?"

I would do but my wife would kill me.

:smile:
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    Options
    My mother in law is Japanese (born and raised in Japan) and married my father in law (born and raised in West Virginia) - a perfect example of completely different cultures and backgrounds. They were married for 40 years - until he passed away.

While cultural differences may be a challenge, sometimes it's more about the personalities in the relationship and how they work through the differences. In most marriages, there is going to be a difference of opinion. I don't fully agree it's just about cultural differences.

Of course I'm probably biased. I'm like 4th generation Asian American and pretty much have always dated outside my race - until my husband and he's only half Asian, so...there's my two cents.
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • WishesOnTheStar
    WishesOnTheStar Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yes for sure, yellow fever crew
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I'm a mutt..
    My guy's German..

Uhh, yeah.
  • Igotthatcake
    Igotthatcake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes absolutely yes.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    im usually attracted to other scandinavians/dutch or aboriginal people
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be interested in many ethnicities simply because of preference. I'm attracted to Caucasion features. Now if I met a guy who looked like Will Smith...I'd marry him on the spot!
  • SojournerThirteen
    Options
    If I were not married, and did it already, I would not be opposed to doing it again.
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with 2 cultures mixing as long as it causes no trouble within the couples family or circle of friends. Currently I am in contact with a lady from Thailand. We chat online, and I intend to holiday there in a few months. Not sure if we have a romantic future together...we will see what happens when we meet
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have in the past but not currently. My boyfriend is white and American like me
  • WebFootFreak
    WebFootFreak Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like all the flavors on the buffet...

I'm on the "Bangers-N-Mash" diet for the rest of my life though!
  • SojournerThirteen
    Options
    Couldn't agree more!
  • elena1025
    elena1025 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My parents did it, I never seen this as an issue and never thought about it twice. I'm Mexican, Native American, German and French. I think if you truly love someone it doesn't even matter.
  • SojournerThirteen
    Options
    elena1025 wrote: »
    My parents did it, I never seen this as an issue and never thought about it twice. I'm Mexican, Native American, German and French. I think if you truly love someone it doesn't even matter.

You are indeed blessed and I wish more people thought the way you do @elena1025 :*
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I didn't but I don't see any problem with it at all.
  • elena1025
    elena1025 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    elena1025 wrote: »

You are indeed blessed and I wish more people thought the way you do @elena1025 :*

:)
  • Tenmidwest
    Tenmidwest Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Ive dated women of all persuasions, but I must admit an affinity for white girls and Brazilian women - but it comes down to the total package in the end.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My wife is Filipino, short, busty, tan year round. "White Boy Asian Lust" got me in college...still does..and I tell her this. ;) There are differences in cultures we had to over come...but it was worth it....my kids are gorgeous....just like their momma.