hi, anyone from Asia or Pakistan !

Options
what kind of food u suggest for diet plan asian and pakistani recipes focus only

Replies

• ronnie786
    ronnie786 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there through out my weight loss journey I ate my usual roti and still lost weight :) just eat smaller portions and less fat/ghee. Sorry I don't have any diet plan or recipes :\
  • engr57
    engr57 Posts: 61
    Options
    well i lost 15 Kgs following strict diet plan by avoiding salt, sugar and roti just had good calories through chicken, meat, fish and veggies now im at 23BMI i-e, 77Kg and planning to contain this as long as i can :)
    its hard but now im trying to take little amount of roties, ghee and sugar..
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Use same recipes with min oil and small portion of roti ... Plz don't add sugar.. For reducing weight I always cut my roti n then during maint go back to it
  • engr57
    Options
    yap no sugar and minimum salt, sometimes cant cut roti and rice at once as both are core elements of our society, every party contains at least Biryani which is had to resist and wheat based food,also start sports for reducing extra calories.
    my wife helping me by making control diet food but sometime even hard when we go out in parties and restaurants.
    can one share yummy asian foods contains low fat but tastes delicious!
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think what we really need to cut down is junk food .. Pakistani normal regular food is healthy for example if I m eating sabzi daal or chicken curry (1/2 cup)with 1 medium chapati.. Is it not possible to maint? I also just hit my goal weight (though now my goal has changed ) n I' m gonna experiment it.. It will be v difficult because my husband is fan of pasta rice pizza n in weeks I prepare food like sabzi n pulses...
  • ronnie786
    ronnie786 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    well i lost 15 Kgs following strict diet plan by avoiding salt, sugar and roti just had good calories through chicken, meat, fish and veggies now im at 23BMI i-e, 77Kg and planning to contain this as long as i can :)

I've also lost 15kg :) and yes it's very hard I'm finding maintenance harder than losing weight but the best thing is not to restrict certain food's because you'll end up craving them even more. Do you have pakistani food for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
  • engr57
    Options
    faatima_pk wrote: »
    I think what we really need to cut down is junk food .. Pakistani normal regular food is healthy for example if I m eating sabzi daal or chicken curry (1/2 cup)with 1 medium chapati.. Is it not possible to maint? I also just hit my goal weight (though now my goal has changed ) n I' m gonna experiment it.. It will be v difficult because my husband is fan of pasta rice pizza n in weeks I prepare food like sabzi n pulses...

u are right but issues like every men, we dont like most of vegetables but this time i seriously tried in my diet and i felt the difference. i reduce from 92 Kgs to 77 Kg and im quite happy with my weight loss but now im thinking to contain same weight as much as i can. so i want taste as well as less calories :) ..
    plus exercise which lots of time skip
  • engr57
    Options
    ronnie786 wrote: »

I've also lost 15kg :) and yes it's very hard I'm finding maintenance harder than losing weight but the best thing is not to restrict certain food's because you'll end up craving them even more. Do you have pakistani food for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

i also reduce same amount of weight and now i feel fresh and energetic,now i want normal food specially asian sweets and sugar based halwais and rest oily stuff but i now i have to avoid these kind of oily and sugar based dishes, some times craving for such food is out of control and we simply cant resist.
    rest foods though contains fat and carbs but not as much amount as Asians foods

for break fast i simply go for boil egg and cereals kind of stuff and for lunch and dinner lots of different daals, beans, chicken curry, few recipes of beef and meat are their which contains lesser carbs and good calories.
    this is what my wife give to me rest i can ask from her :)