How long does it take to get used to lower calories?

Options
Hi everyone. So, I've been sick with a tummy bug and for most of that week I ate like 500 calories a day because of that. I've had a few days of maintenance after that (to replenish lost energy), and now this week it's back to my deficit. It's such a small deficit, (only 250 calories a day) yet now I'm STARRRRVVVING!!!

It's always like this, and I started wondering, in general, how long does it take your body to get used to the lower calories again, and your stomach to stop grumbling over nothing?? :neutral_face:

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you're legitimately hungry a lot, then you may very well need to eat more. How many calories are you eating/day? What are your macros?
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    If you're legitimately hungry a lot, then you may very well need to eat more. How many calories are you eating/day? What are your macros?

its not a lot. It's just that first time when I reduce it again. I eat 1500 calories a day. Maintenance is 1670. And I'm not sure about all my macros. I know protein is 107g. I think fat is 33grams and the rest would be carbs.
  • hardy43
    Options
    I am a guy and it says my calorie intake is 1656. Can that be true? I've had a egg, bacon breakfast sandwich. A weight watchers cheese stick. And a chewy granola bar. I only have 900 calories left and I haven't eaten lunch yet! Need some help!
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    hardy43 wrote: »
    I am a guy and it says my calorie intake is 1656. Can that be true? I've had a egg, bacon breakfast sandwich. A weight watchers cheese stick. And a chewy granola bar. I only have 900 calories left and I haven't eaten lunch yet! Need some help!

You should start your own thread asking for help. Your calorie goal sounds a bit tiny. I really can't say without your stats. Perhaps you set your weight loss goal too aggressive?