Running

Options
2»

Replies

• veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've moved from the hate it sector to the tolerate it sector. I'm not sure I'll ever love it as I do cycling. I've certainly never experienced the runner's high that many talk about. That said there is a certain satisfaction that goes with knowing you can do it :-)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I love running... most of the time. The only time I dread it is running outdoors when it's freezing/icy, running a long way on a treadmill, or going up massive hills, because big hills tend to agitate my knees. Other than that, running keeps me happy and healthy! :D
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I must be a weirdo as I hate running with music and quite like running on the treadmill. Outdoors I always feel a bit self-conscious due to beetroot face (doesn't bother me in the gym but out in the open I guess part of me still feels like the chunky kid finishing last in cross country at school). I do love the sense of accomplishment of keeping going for as long as I can.

Like you, I'm signed up for a 10k in May so I need to get over it!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Just started training again for a 10k in May. I HATE running but I LOVE the feeling of having finished a run!

I'm not sure if the ID gives an indication of geographic location, but if so I'd suggest getting out onto the moors for some sessions.

Painful memories of the place but good for challenging running.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just started training again for a 10k in May. I HATE running but I LOVE the feeling of having finished a run!

I'm not sure if the ID gives an indication of geographic location, but if so I'd suggest getting out onto the moors for some sessions.

Painful memories of the place but good for challenging running.

sadly not!

when i get up to my 6 mile run i have some vaguely scenic bits to run past though!