Eating advice

Recently I've not been fulfilling my calorie goal for each day. I've been really under it but still feel like I shouldn't eat anything more. I've been running/ walking on the tread mill two times a day for at least 30 to 1hr periods. I've noticed that I'm battling myself on wether or not to eat anything more, rn for the most part, and am constently worried I'm going to be gaining or not loosing enough if I eat "too" much. My family has a history of Anerexia and I told myself I wouldn't get like that but I'm afraid I might be falling into it. So far I used the thread mill for 1 he and all I've eaten is a pear. But idk if I wanna eat anymore even tho I know I should...

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    You want to eat your calorie goal every day. Set your goal, eat it every day, and adjust it based on results. Eating next to nothing isn't any kind of a strategy. It won't allow you to recover, and if done for a long period of time, can wreak havoc on your body. Take your brain out of the equation, just pick you calorie number and eat it every day whether or not you think you should.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    It certainly sounds to me like you're starting to fall into some type of disordered eating/exercising pattern. Eating so little will not help your body recover from the amount of exercise you're doing. At some point, you're going to hit a wall because your body won't be able to sustain what you're currently doing.

Honestly, if you can't get yourself to eat more or exercise less, you should think about talking to someone who can help you get out of the pattern, hopefully a professional.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    vismal wrote: »
    You want to eat your calorie goal every day. Set your goal, eat it every day, and adjust it based on results. Eating next to nothing isn't any kind of a strategy. It won't allow you to recover, and if done for a long period of time, can wreak havoc on your body. Take your brain out of the equation, just pick you calorie number and eat it every day whether or not you think you should.

^^^^
  • Pflu2
    Pflu2 Posts: 6
    K, I'm making myself eat some leftover Chinese food for lunch. Thnks guys! ;)