meal bars OK or bad

Options
Are meal bars OK to eat I'm eating one this morning which has a carb count of 43 grams and surgery count of 21 grams is that OK if its whole meal it has only 360 cal but 11 grams of protein so this should be good right

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Does it fit into your calorie and macro goals for the day? Do you enjoy eating it? If the answer to both is "yes," then it's perfectly fine to eat.
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    Does it fit into your calorie and macro goals for the day? Do you enjoy eating it? If the answer to both is "yes," then it's perfectly fine to eat.
    Best advice for anything you eat. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If it fits, fine. I would not choose to eat that particular bar. Too high cal for so little protein. But, to each his own. Just log that puppy.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep it does fit I ,do like it too just though the carb count is a Lil high but it does fill me up for breakfast so guess its fine thanks you guys
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    That's not a bar I would eat. It has too little protein and way too much sugar but there's no reason why you can't eat it if it fits into your calorie and macro goals for the day. I certainly wouldn't rely on meal bars for every meal but there's absolutely no reason why you can't eat them. In fact, I have a protein bar almost every weekday morning for my breakfast. I'm otherwise not a breakfast eater.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat it either, unless it's really delicious, because I could have something much better for the calories... plus those are nowhere as filling as a meal.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I wouldn't eat it either, unless it's really delicious, because I could have something much better for the calories... plus those are nowhere as filling as a meal.

I agree. My dinner only has 40 more calories and it involves 6 ounces of meat.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    For 360 calories you could eat 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast and like 2 pieces of bacon......give or take depending on brands, etc. I'd rather eat that, way more filling....

A meal bar here and there won't hurt. It is better than most fast food (depending on which brand bar lol) if you are out and about all day and can't have healthy snacks along. But generally you shouldn't rely on them...
  • CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It depends on the bar. Like anything in life, some are better than others. If you're on the go and just don't have time for a real meal, they're ok to use occasionally for a meal replacement... but go with one with a good nutritional breakdown. Quest Bars aren't particularly natural but are decent in comparison with most other bars out there. RX Bars are very good and contain more natural ingredients. I'd use them more as an ocasional supplement to an otherwise healthy diet, though, rather part of your every - day diet plan.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes I just ate it and just wanted it as something a little different from my ordinary breakfasts but now I'm thinking it was filling but I think I would have rathered my normal breakfasts like u all said a lot less calories and surgery just an expirament but think its back to normal tommwoe
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    what is a meal bar? a roast beef and yorkshire pudding flavour protein bar?
    also,what do you mean by 21 g of surgery? sugar?
  • soygorda18
    soygorda18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    joneallen wrote: »
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    Best advice for anything you eat. :)

What she said. Basically, anything in moderation.