Looking for friends like myself

Options
I have been doing MFP for almost a year now, but only recently discovered how motivating it can be to have friends on the app, so I'm looking for more. The only problem is I'm kind of picky, I seem to only get motivated by people who are in a similar situation as mine. It's like I can't relate to people who only want to lose 20 pounds, I don't know. I make no apologies for being that way, and if you don't want to read any further, I totally understand. Please consider adding me as a friend if you are:
  • looking to lose a lot of weight, like over 70-80 pounds (I have lost 73/160 - it doesn't matter where you are in your progress, just that you have a large amount to lose)
  • have a filled out profile, with a picture and an open (to friend at least) food diary and weight loss total
  • will like and comment without negativity, if they see something like-worthy or comment-worthy (I'm not looking for blind praise, but to know that someone is paying attention)
  • logs food every day or almost every day

What you get in return
  • I look at my MFP news page at least once a day, and I like or comment on things that I like or have something to say about. You will get positive reinforcement and "congratulations" as my friend.
  • I log all my food everyday*, and take the -500 days with the +1500 days, the good with the bad.
  • I will never give negative reinforcement unless it is asked for, and even then it won't be sharp. It's just not my way.

*there are specific exceptions with reasons that I'm happy to share.

Gender or lack thereof is immaterial, age doesn't matter, having a family/kids is a huge plus, and if you live in Snohomish County you'll probably eventually be invited to be a walking buddy. :)

Thank you for listening.

Replies

• Khalstead0517
    Khalstead0517 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can add me...I log daily,am down 80 lbs but have another 150+ to lose. I am going to make it...even if it takes a few years. I am doing it the good old fashioned way with healthy food and exercise (mostly just walking). I dont want to build too much muscle (my arms and legs tend to get big and muscular with weights and I want lean and thin arms/legs lol) I am determined to be a jogger,but can barely handle walking 10 miles/day with my knees...but I am determined and I know I will succeed!
  • JonKinarthy
    JonKinarthy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you. That's an awesome amount, I can only do 3 around my neighborhood or risk injury.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    request sent... i also feel the same as you.. i have lots to lose...
  • philzimmel
    philzimmel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't have any friends yet. So far been pretty active since January 2nd. Ran for 3 miles today then swam a 1/2 mile. I log and track pretty religiously. Down a total of 16 pounds have 92 to go. I am a pretty private person but thinking maybe a good idea to add some friends to stay with this journey this time, this will be my 5th serious attempt. My most lost was 30 pounds in previous attempts. Need to get it done this time. I will be doing my first triathlon sprint this summer. Looking to get healthy for myself and my family. Help, advice, support appreciated.