How do you eat your yogurt?

Options

Replies

• Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I buy plain yogourt since i started this journey and i add a pack of stevia in it. To mix things up a bit i add all-bran buds in it, fruits, homemade granola, sometimes nuts.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes I've never been a fan of yogurt. I've tried greek yogurt so many times in so many ways but I can't seem to get over the texture or smell.

Me too. Though I'll eat just about any yogurt, I just can't do the Greek yogurt.
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love plain yogurt - plain. It is also great on burritos, in sauces, as a substitute for sour cream, blended with fruit, kale, protein powder. The uses are endless.

On the other hand, I can't stand yogurt with pre-mixed with fruit. Bleech.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Which greek yogurt are you eating?
    I switched to the Dannon Oikos and it's better 'tasting' (smooth) than Chobani. Fage is good also.

but then again, I dont eat the plain. If i did, i'd have to add fresh fruit, honey and/or and nuts to it.
  • Diamond05
    Options
    Why non-fat?

I get the 2% Oikos .. the Lime on the bottom is SO frickin good. The fat free stuff tastes like regular yogurt, and I won't pay that much for watery Greek yogurt, when I can get a 12 pack of Danon for the same price... I love my thick, creamy Oikos!

Oikos is really good too for the creaminess! Calories aren't bad and proteins are great!

I always buy Liberté or Oikos. The Liberté Mediterranean one, coconut flavour is to die for.... But I have it occasionally since like many others its packed with sugar,..:grumble:
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I add sugar free pudding mix or jello mix to mine. It's quite delicious!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    If the Queen is visiting, then I use a knife and fork.

Otherwise:
    http://youtu.be/9pfZcEnFM-Q
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I saw an awesome looking recipe on Bodybuilding.com yesterday

Cut a banana in half, put greek yogurt on top, add some sliced strawberries and blueberries, 1 tablespoon of granola, and 1 table spoon of dark chocolate chips.

Looks yummmyyy and easy, I found it here (it also had 6 other breakfast recipes.)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/morning-nutrition-7-muscle-building-breakfasts.html
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I either do fresh strawberries or blueberries with cinnamon and a tiny bit of honey.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Also, if your trying to avoid all the sugary greek yogurts, get plain greek yogurt and throw some crystal light (made with truvia) in there. It will taste like key lime pie.

Edit: One more! Plain greek yogurt with a tablespoon of cool whip. (it changes the whole texture of it) Add fruit and walnuts- super yummy!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I can only eat it plain when using it like sour cream. 6 oz of the plain stuff with mango, sesame seeds, a little coconut milk and honey. my fave! and with the coconut milk mixed it in turnes it into a whipped cream/mousse texture.
  • turboqueen23
    turboqueen23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    cinnamon, stevia, flax seed, or almonds, topped with my favorite fruit!
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    With a tablespoon of peanut butter and fresh strawberries.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I add low sugar fruit preserves and a packet of stevia in the raw
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb yogurt and add almonds to it. Pretty delicious. But I have to go easy on the almonds cause too many of them stall my weight loss
  • Diamond05
    Options
    Also, if your trying to avoid all the sugary greek yogurts, get plain greek yogurt and throw some crystal light (made with truvia) in there. It will taste like key lime pie.

yummy!

Great idea! :happy: Just yesterday i was thinking about making Popsicles with crystal lights... I don't know why I never thought of this one
  • joandwebster
    Options
    I actually use greek yogurt, nonfat plain, like you mentioned, in EVERYTHING because it is a good source of hidden protein, and when you mix it with fun, flavored food, it camouflages the texture. I make chicken salad, ranch dip, onion dip, macaroni salad, sandwiches, baked goods, anything with sour cream basically substitute the yogurt. Skinnytaste.com has a lot of recipes that use Greek yogurt.
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I add chia seed & goji berries
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I mash up fresh berries and then mix in the yogurt. The berry juices make it less thick and it gets sweet from the fruit too! :)
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the vanilla instead of the plain? The stats are extremely similar and the taste difference is huge. Just a thought. :)