I screwed up! UGH!

Options
124»

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    So we were shopping the other day. I bought a bottle of French & Ranch Walden Farms dressings. THEN I came here to check it out. I'm so upset right now...for wasting my money LOL I tried it. It wasn't HORRIBLE but it was weird tasting. Now, I know why. It will be thrown out. I'm not obsessed about clean eating, but I can say I'm more aware and adamant about it than I used to be. Is there ANY other lower cal dressings that can compare anywhere close to Hidden Valley Ranch and Western French? I know nothing will taste exactly like it, but if I can get close, that would be great. Kraft is out of the question, as neither of us like it.

personally i've never been a fan of almost any salad dressings. a special treat (ie going out to a nice restaurant) is real blue cheese dressing. i just use red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. have you thought about just making your own ranch dressing? i wanna say the recipe i've used before is mayo, sour cream, garlic (real garlic not powder), salt, pepper, grated onion and maybe scallion but not 100%.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Could someone tell me where in Canada you can buy Bolthouse dressings. Many thanks.

nevermind
  • janepatricia2
    janepatricia2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i just use normal dressing, but only a bit, your daily calories can be worked to include it, enjoy the real stuff, don't spoil your salad, :smile:
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Dressing is good, especially Bolthouse Salsa Ranch Yogurt Dressing!! I just looked at the bottle and it is Bolthouse Dressing.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I use Walden Farm dressings and true they dont taste like the real thing (or even close) but for 0 calories what do you expect. I use only a little bit just so my salads arent dry and that its - I use it when I want to save calories but need something on my salads. Its all a matter of preferences. Like using light mayo vs. regular mayo or light cottage cheese vs. regular cottage cheese or light cheese vs. regular cheese etc.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm fond of real vinegrettes, but I'm also fond of Blackberry vinegar with no oil. Like 2 calories and all real.
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just got done mixing up a batch of a copy cat hidden valley ranch seasoning mix & jar of dressing. From what I figured when I put everything into the recipe maker, each serving (about 2T) of the ranch is about 35 calories. Sodium is still a little higher, but still 100 mg lower than HVR out of the bottle and 100 less calories at least AND about 12 less fat as well. I tried the dressing and I have to say, I'm impressed. I always thought it was hard to make your own dressing - so glad I tried it :-)